More on 12K/24K parts
Ok seasoned veterans of the 12K/24K service, I have some newbie questions to ask. Try not to laugh to hard, as this is going to be my first servicing attempt. I have 12K miles on the bike, but 2 years of riding time, so some additional 2 year servicing is needed above just the 12K service. I have just ordered the Paul S DVDs, so I'll get a chance to watch them later, but in the meantime:
1) Changing the clutch fluid? Is syphioning the reservoir and refilling it adequate? What fluid type should I order? Is this the same fluid that is used for the brkes?
2) Change oil in gear box - Is this the same oil type as the engine oil (20W50). If so, how much does it require?
3) Is the rear drive fluid is the Hypoid 75W140 oil?
4) Front/Rear brake fluids - Same question as clutch fluid - Should I syphon and refill? fluid type?
5) I would be inclined to skip the fuel filter change, since its recommended at 40K or if the fuel quality is poor. Any comments?
6) After checking valve clearance and replacing the gasket and cover, what RTV is used?
7) Replacing the coolant every 2 years - What type is used? Is this necessary or can it wait?
8) Rear squeaky brakes - Is there a service recall on this or should I just order the ERC (EBC, ECR, ...XYZ?) pads and do it myself? Part number?
9) Anything else I missed? I'll order a 12K servicing kit and some additional items (brake, clutch (brake fluid?), coolant, johnson valve wrench...)