BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off for a 3 day weekend in the Smokie Mountains. Friday we went thru N. Georgia, up through the Dragon and over to Gatlinburg. Saturday, a short hours' ride along a rushing river to Cades Cove, over thru Wear Valley, back into Gatlinburg. Sunday over to Maryville, over to Telico Plains, across the Cherahala, down Rt. 28 into Franklin then back through N. Georgia to home.

The LT handles awfully well to be weighted down that much. Sure am enjoying this bike. I think I'd like to get a newer one but it's very disturbing to know the LT is no longer going to be produced.

Oh well...I wasn't fishing for comments...just wanted to share the ride with some folks that could appreciate it.

Ron

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
You hit the great roads. Did you get hung up in Cades Cove?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pkpr1998 said:
You hit the great roads. Did you get hung up in Cades Cove?
Yes! I would not do the "loop" again. Never did see what the draw to that place was. Maybe I missed something.
For those of you that don't know what the "loop" is, they have an eleven mile loop of one way traffic going through the natural forest at the edge of a large plateau / pasture area. One way in...one way out. When people stop in front of you, there's no place to go.

One good thing....every bike I've owned has been VERY HOT in stop and go traffic. The LT is the best I've ever seen when it comes to keeping the heat off of you. My other bike is a Triumph Rocket III. Three 750cc pistons with the exhaust next to your right leg. WOW!!!! I could have a "weenie roast" right there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts