BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am able to turn the reverse lever all the way to where it would appear engaged. The Light comes on an my dash. Press the startef button and nothing happens.
2001 k1200lt
Is this sommething a normal guy could attempt to fix or is ths an internal problem in the clutch itself

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
wkane4 said:
I am able to turn the reverse lever all the way to where it would appear engaged. The Light comes on an my dash. Press the startef button and nothing happens.
2001 k1200lt
Is this sommething a normal guy could attempt to fix or is ths an internal problem in the clutch itself
Not a clutch issue ... what REVERSER does in places a lock out on shifter, engages the engines starter motor into transmission causing input shaft to counter rotate when starter button is pushed.

As for the actual wiring that allows starter to run while engine is running ... not too sure ?
* Are you doing this with engine ON and idling or OFF and not running ?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
Conditions are as follows for reverse to work: Engine running and transmission in neutral. Sidestand up and brakes released. Press the starter and you should hear the idle increase and the bike moves.

There are two micro switches in behind the knob but if the light is on they are working. Then next culpret is the reverser controller itself or, if the battery has been changed recently, a wire is missing from the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts