BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a problem here. The radio on my 99 LT appears to be working. It lights up but no sound comes out. I've done everything that I could. I even took it to the dealer and they connected another radio to my bike and it worked. They said that my radio has to be replaced. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Mine did similar and disconnecting battery fixed it. It was odd beacuse the display would light but nothing would happen. Good luck! Don;t forget to twist throttle all way open twice or so when you reconnect battery. To reset the TPS or motronic or whatever it is.

Randy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no luck

Thanks Randy and Morly,,,but no dice. I had the battery un-hooked for the whole night. This morning,,,lights on,,,stations shown...but no sound. I even have a cassett in the player and can't get it out nor will it play.

I was told that I coul put any radio in and it would work. But is there some way of gettit to work with the existing control panel?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Have you pushed the music note button to make sure the speakers are turned on? I know that sounds dumb, but dumber things have happened. Kinda like making sure something is plugged in and turned ON....

Odd that it wouyld have all lighting and no sound.

Good luck figgering it out.

Randy

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Re: Still no luck

utrera1 said:
Thanks Randy and Morly,,,but no dice. I had the battery un-hooked for the whole night. This morning,,,lights on,,,stations shown...but no sound. I even have a cassett in the player and can't get it out nor will it play.
Had the singray been off lately? For a 12/24k service maybe?. I'm thinking there might be a connector off...like the round, barrel connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts