BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2004 1200LT and took it for a ride this weekend, came back with a little cramped knees. Loved the bike though! So I checked the manual and went to adjust the height up a little. Found that the adjuster bar is missing.
1. I did a little search on this site and found out that it is a popular mod (remove the bar) for lowering the seat. But now that I know it is missing, as someone said in earlier posts, I got to have it ...... :rolleyes:
Earlier post said it is not that expensive (about #37?) so I thought I would check it out. I went to check on the schematics on bikebandit OEM parts, they show the part for the dual seat but do not show any ordering info. (no Part number etc, #90 in the schematic for a dual seat).
Called up the dealer and guy on the counter couldn't find the part number either (probably looking at the same schematic). He even went out to see on a floor model if it was changed. i guess it is not.
So does that mean we can't order it anymore? Does anyone have one that they are not using and want to sell (I am in SO Cal, feel free to PM)? If it can still be ordered, what part number is it or how do I find the part number? (Tomorrow I am calling back when there is someone else on the counter or go to a different dealer)
2. I also saw the post for rear shock adjuster for height. Mine is set all the way out - soft. (obviously to keep it low). I did mean to check that as I felt the shock was too soft and bottoming out. I am around 200 lbs any suggested setting for that? I am just going to tighten it up a bit - see if it gets the height up.
Thank you for help.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Try shooting an e-mail to Tony on his web site www.ltparts.com and see if he has one or can find one for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts