BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good news and bad news . my 05 lt cranks now but it wont start.i have hooked up all the fuel hoses. they only go one way . dissabled the alarm, hooked everything back up and it will not fire off. i have spark. i know that for a fact.(yes i got bit) .i have fuel in the tank and i hear the pump run. do i need to bleed the fuel system somehow? one more thing on dissabling the alarm. you say to undo the three- two pin connectors, one three pin ,one four pin and the twelve pin. do you leave those unhooked ? also my blue \ black wire in the number 2 was green . all the other colors match.also i only have two two pin connectors . i left all the connectors connected including the 12 pin one. thanks again for all your help. i am missing some great riding days here in iowa.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
Guess I need to up date the article. Disconnect the power to the alarm (the three pin connector). Also leave the 12 pin connector disconnected. The others you can just leave as they are. Just jumper pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow) and just pin 10 (green/violet) to pin 6 (blue/violet). Don't hook up pin 2 to this mix it will just keep your turn signal lamps turned on steady.

If it is cranking and you have spark there is a problem other than the alarm. Make sure you have fuel pressure. Undo a QD and press the white sleeve (have a rag handy) you shoud get a pretty good squirt of fuel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. have narrowed down to either the fuelpump or the quick disconnect. it will run if i spray carb cleaner into the intake. both the fuel pump and the qd were replaced last year. i am thinking it has something to do with the disconnects .

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '05. I did most, but not all, of what you've accomplished.
In the end I pulled the fuel injector rail, turned it front-to-back and reconnected it to the high pressure fuel line. This was done to visually check that each injector was firing (squirting fuel/spray pattern). With the FI rail and injectors connected, engage the starter and look for fuel misting/squirting from each injector. My #3 was not working. My LT would crank, spark, but not run or even sputter. Why one of 4 injectors would cause this I do not know.
Anyway, I removed the injector from the rail to OHM test same. I accidently dropped the injector before testing, which tested OK. When I re-installed the injector it had an excellent spray pattern????? Best as I can figure it was clogged and the drop knocked whatever free of the injector.

You've gone this far, maybe pulling the injectors may help.

Good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i leave the 12 pin connector unplugged the fuel pump will not run. i have jumpered the female side of the plug.do i need to jumper the male side and still leave it unplugged?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
You need to jumper the side that goes to the bike not the alarm. I can't remember which is female and male.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts