BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

12000 mile service!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hallzee 
#1 ·
Just got the 12000 mile service completed at our local dealer. Service included new spark plugs,oil and filter change, brake flush, valve adjust with 3 shims,and install a new front tire. Total hours10.5 hours at $110.00.hr. total 1542.85 plus tax of $185.14. Does this seem high for the hours or does the price fall in line with other dealers.
I thought it was somewhat high!!
Cheers,
Jim

#3 ·
You had an awful lot of stuff done at one time and the cost is a bit high but not unreasonable. If that included the cost of the tire I'd say you got a fair deal. I can do a 12K in an afternoon but I rarely do a brake flush the same day (takes me about 2 hours) . It would wear me out. The only way to get it cheaper is to learn how to do it your self. Come to CCR and attend a tech session.

#5 ·
Pricing included cost of new Metzler tire!
Bike runs real good after the service! Should be good for at least another 12K.or more?
Jim

#7 ·
jzeiler said:
You had an awful lot of stuff done at one time and the cost is a bit high but not unreasonable. If that included the cost of the tire I'd say you got a fair deal. I can do a 12K in an afternoon but I rarely do a brake flush the same day (takes me about 2 hours) . It would wear me out. The only way to get it cheaper is to learn how to do it your self. Come to CCR and attend a tech session.
John, I believe you just came up with a great marketing idea for CCR. If one tallies up the cost of gasoline and hotel to attend CCR and compares with the resulting savings in servicing the bike over the years he/she will come ahead! In addition one will have made new friends and spent a grand time in a nice establishment, not to mention the good feeling of participating in a worthy charity.
Heck I learned to do the brake and clutch fluid flush at CCR in Utah and went over the process of checking valves at CCR in Idaho, all with you John.:thumb:

#8 ·
jzzmusician said:
Damn! I had a full service done on a Porsche 911 and it was about $900. It was a few years ago, but damn! is all I can say.
I doubt your full service included a valve adjustment on your 911. I know how much of a $@%# pain it is to do it. Replacing the plugs is another fun exercise... :wow:
But these cars are just so darn fun to drive.:cool:

#10 ·
Thanks for reminding me why I do all wrenching myself now... :rolleyes: When I got my bike, I had the dealer do oil changes. They were $35.99, and included a quick wash...

My first 12K service rolls around, and I think to myself, "Man, this is a big one.... Could be $300 - $400!" My 12K came to just over $1,150.00 (included a new front tire).

Adding up the previous expenses for oil, it was more than 10 cents a MILE just for maintenance!!?

I decided then and there that I would learn how to take care of the big girl myself, and found this forum! My membership fee has paid me back 100 fold!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.