BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :confused: I wonder could any of you guys help me with this problem. my 05 R1200 RT starts ok when cold, but lately when she is hot she goes woy woy as if the battery is flat,
it doesent happen all the time and she still starts. I wonder is it a earth problem or a starter problem, or is it somethong else. Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Start with a load test of the battery before looking for more complicated issues. How old is the battery?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new to BMWs but when a vehicle is hard to start when it is hot one of the causes could be the ignition coil (s). Battery is a good place to start. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2011 RT
189 Posts
From your description..I would have to say mine which is just a little over a year old, has very similar characteristics. Battery indicator will actually show on hot start ups. Been that way from the get go.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If the battery is an Exide, that is probably a good indication that it is about to crap out on you. Many of us have suffered "Instant Battery Death Syndrome". Best I ever got out of an Exide was a couple of years.

Also check your battery cables for corrosion, tight connections at the battery and starter, and the ground cables. Loose or corroded connections tend to get temperature sensitive and act weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys,now i have something to go on. Battery was in when i got it, could be 2 years or more. Will let know how i got on :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts