BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I'm new to this forum, and considering purchase of a '08 1200 LT. The bike has a BMW Navigator II GPS. Has anyone upgraded this model to the Navigator IV? Does it work with the communication system and headsets, or does it require bluetooth headsets? Thanks for any advice!

Dave

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
mtndave said:
Greetings!

I'm new to this forum, and considering purchase of a '08 1200 LT. The bike has a BMW Navigator II GPS. Has anyone upgraded this model to the Navigator IV? Does it work with the communication system and headsets, or does it require bluetooth headsets? Thanks for any advice!

Dave
If you have hardwired helmets you will be able to hear nav prompts from the gps. If you get the BMW Nav IV & cradle you will not be able to hook to the audio out and hear MP3 from the gps. Additionally, your cell phone Zumo 665 and the NON BMW motorcycle mount and configured the wiring to work.
mneblett took his nav IV back and got the zumo 660 w/ the motorcycle cradle and worked out some noise and wiring issues.
I am going to figure a way to get to the audio out of the BMW cradle after our east to west coast trip in a few days! (I ran a male 3.5 mm audio cable when I had it apart, just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts