BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to have the dealer do my 12,000 service. Do the dealers usually make a record of the valve tolerances they find or is this something I can request for future references and for documentation purposes? Does anyone have a format they maintain this type of records (diagram or spreadsheet, etc..)?

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
mpillis said:
Getting ready to have the dealer do my 12,000 service. Do the dealers usually make a record of the valve tolerances they find or is this something I can request for future references and for documentation purposes? Does anyone have a format they maintain this type of records (diagram or spreadsheet, etc..)?

I believe www.ascycles.com has the sheet you are looking for on their website. If you have the service manual, you can prrint copies of the sheet.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Yes, everything is documented and copy should be given to you.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My dealer has supposedly checked the valves 3 times and has never mentioned keeping those records much less giving me a copy. Of course they remembered to charge me for it all three times.

·
Registered
704 Posts
PM Drifter36 on this board. He created an Excel spreadsheet when he did his that not only documented info but helped determine what buckets are necessary for adjustments. He also posted it on the old board.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ATFLT, you should get one of our Buddies to show you how to "Check " the valves. It's a 30 min. job plus the hour to take off the plastic which is really easy too.
Ron Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts