BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little no startie today.. It would appear the clutch switch has failed...

It will start in neutral. But not in gear... Side stand switch seems to work because it kills the RID when the side stand is down....

Is the clutch switch in the handlebar lever or somewhere else... It's a cable actuated clutch so I hope I'm not going to have to get into the rear of the transmission..\

Does anybody have an R1100Rt wiring diagram they can shoot me ?

thanks

John

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Found the switch in the clutch lever... No clicky that I can hear... Guess I'm taking it apart...

Kind of a pain in the main drain to get the switch off the bike..But, It's off and a new one ordered.. Definately the problem.. Jumpered it out at the connector which is on the left side behind the glove box.. No earthly way to get to this without removing the left side tupperware... And of course I had to take the clutch cable off to get to the switch so I'll have to remove the right side too to re-install the cable... NUTZ !!!!!

Guess I might as well change the oil and do a full service while I have it apart...

John

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Todays adventure before the clutch switch failure..

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Good job chasing it down, I know all the dirt bike guys by pass the side stand and clutch switches. I kind of like them though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts