BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved my 1000th post for announcing our LT's one hundred thousand mile mark. The event happened last weekend with a great trip around the north-central Oregon coast and Willamette Valley. I wanted to pass along a must-do road we encountered on our route (see attachment): Alpine Road. This gem of a road links Monroe and Alsea Oregon. This recently resurfaced highway is clean and the supers are tight. Watch for oncoming traffic on the tight turns; some of the opposing traffic was using both lanes:eek:

Another road that was fun for our LT was the Siuslaw River Road and its link to the Smith River road. You can find this twisty jewell from Cottage Grove (E. Main St.) or from Reedsport (off 101). This trip is 85 miles and is sometimes narrow, but fun, with some sweeping lefts and rights. Enjoy!

Some of our LT's facts:

She is 4 years and 4.5 months old
Clutch replaced at 25k (my fault):(
HID's and Moto lights installed at 36k
Front and rear Ohlins installed at 36k
Rear drive replaced at 76k
She is on her 8th set of tires
Enjoyment is priceless:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Congratulations, Ernie! Your 2002 Tuscana Green is still waaaay ahead of mine! It's comforting to know our color has such excellent longetivity! On to the next 100K. :thumb:

We'll be up in your neck of the woods next week taking you up on your fine recommendations!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tallyho said:
Congratulations, Ernie! Your 2002 Tuscana Green is still waaaay ahead of mine! It's comforting to know our color has such excellent longetivity! On to the next 100K. :thumb:

We'll be up in your neck of the woods next week taking you up on your fine recommendations!
Thanks Bob. It may not be the fastest color, but it could very easily be the longest lasting color.;) I wish we could join you. Perhaps we can both get off work early enough to ride up to the resort and visit. What night will you be cruising in?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Congratulations

Great job Ernie! That was slick how you got your 1K posts and 100K miles to line up. I hope to join you on a few of the next 100K. Congrats!

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reelman said:
Great job Ernie! That was slick how you got your 1K posts and 100K miles to line up. I hope to join you on a few of the next 100K. Congrats!

Dan
Thanks Dan. You bet we'll plan a trip before the leafs and rain start falling. You gotta take those roads I posted. The GS would love the trip and the side-trips which are available too. Our LT would've loved them, but I didn't put the dual-sport tires on that day.;)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Way to go Ernie! I just rolled over 60K on our last trip, so only another 40K to catch you!

John

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Well done Ernie, and you did it all by yourself. ;) I just wished my '02 looked that good (maybe if I washed it now and again?). I'm glad to have shared a few of those miles with you & Pauline.

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
reelman said:
That was slick how you got your 1K posts and 100K miles to line up.
Let's see, that means Joe should be closing in on 1,000,000 miles soon. :D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
ErnieA said:
Thanks Bob. It may not be the fastest color, but it could very easily be the longest lasting color.;) I wish we could join you. Perhaps we can both get off work early enough to ride up to the resort and visit. What night will you be cruising in?
We'll be arriving on Monday night and leaving on Thursday. Planning to spend Thursday night in Florence, OR. Hope the logistics work out but we're all working people ourselves so we understand priorities.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Way to go Ernie! I just rolled over 60K on our last trip, so only another 40K to catch you!

John
Thanks John. Let's go ridin' sometime and get that break-in finished on your Katie;) Seriously, when you get back from Hula Town we should do a RTE, especially before the Cascades snow in Jeff and Randy.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meese said:
Let's see, that means Joe should be closing in on 1,000,000 miles soon. :D
Now that is funny:histerica

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
meese said:
Well done Ernie, and you did it all by yourself. ;) I just wished my '02 looked that good (maybe if I washed it now and again?). I'm glad to have shared a few of those miles with you & Pauline.
Thanks Ken. Don't wash it! It will ruin the speed and downforce dynamic.;) Let's hit the road some more before you head to GB. Gotta try the Alpine Highway one more time before the leaves drop.:D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tallyho said:
We'll be arriving on Monday night and leaving on Thursday. Planning to spend Thursday night in Florence, OR. Hope the logistics work out but we're all working people ourselves so we understand priorities.
Sent you a PM Bob

·
Registered
577 Posts
ErnieA said:
I saved my 1000th post for announcing our LT's one hundred thousand mile mark.

Ernie,
Mucho congrats to you and Pauline and the "Green machine".
That's lots of miles of smiles!
My LT has been a bit neglected with the new baby in the garage, but I did just have a nice reunion ride with her, taking her down to Phoenix for the winter. Washed her all up when I got there and she shines like a new penny. I put her on the trickle charger to keep her juices flowing.
Picked up my last two GT checkpoints enroute. Have you finished yours yet?
Perfect temps on the trip down, it wasn't even hot in your old stomping grounds (Redding), only 85. I figured that I would beat the onset of the wet fall weather...it looks like I only beat it by a few days!
Congrats again,
Jeff

Have you decided where you're going to mount your 100k BMW Medallion?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mitch_Rider said:
Mucho congrats to you and Pauline and the "Green machine".
That's lots of miles of smiles!
Thanks Jeff. Quite a few of those smiles and miles were riding with you my friend.:)

Mitch_Rider said:
My LT has been a bit neglected with the new baby in the garage, but I did just have a nice reunion ride with her, taking her down to Phoenix for the winter. Washed her all up when I got there and she shines like a new penny. I put her on the trickle charger to keep her juices flowing.
It's cool to have a warm place to ride in the Winter. Perhaps I need a vacation to warm up the BT020's this Feb or March. ;)

Mitch_Rider said:
[Picked up my last two GT checkpoints enroute. Have you finished yours yet?
We still have New Meadows and Afton. Not sure we can make Afton. Our plans just didn't have enough time built in. :(

Mitch_Rider said:
[Perfect temps on the trip down, it wasn't even hot in your old stomping grounds (Redding), only 85. I figured that I would beat the onset of the wet fall weather...it looks like I only beat it by a few days!
Sounds like a nice ride down. Are you back up here or down in AZ? I was wondering if it was you I saw on the Alpine Hwy between Monroe and Alsea two weekends ago. I saw a dark blue GT down in Yachts (2-up) coming north too (drool)

Mitch_Rider said:
[Have you decided where you're going to mount your 100k BMW Medallion?
I've not decided yet. I'm thinking of the space just below and to the left of the license plate, but I don't know how big it is, so we'll see. Suggestions?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats Ernie!

I think you've earned one of those now. :beer::beer::beer::thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
amarider said:
Congrats Ernie!

I think you've earned one of those now. :beer::beer::beer::thumb:
Thanks John. I think I see a new avatar in that picture:yeah:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Congratulation Ernie.
I'm way behind you but I getting there.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
strsout said:
Congratulation Ernie.
I'm way behind you but I getting there.
Thanks Elton. You'll get there by the looks of your Web Site. Cool pictures!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts