BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just turned 10k miles this year on the 09 LT I bought about a year ago. I hauled it to Chattanooga in January then rode it Ft. Meyers and left it in FL for the winter going down 3 different times to put some miles on. In May I flew down in order to ride it back to MI. What a great ride up thru Georgia to the Smokies. The mountain riding is really great.

Brought her up to Grand Rapids for a 18,000 check up. I've done a lot of riding up here in Northern MI this summer and I'll need to schedule the 24,000mi check up within a few hundred miles.

All of this on the stock seat which I hate. I just bought a used Corbin on this site and can't wait to try it.

I really love this site and the wealth of info it brings to me! :)

David

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sounds like its been a heckofa good year in the saddle. I am envious of the 10k. I have done about half that with a smile of my face all year.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
Thats great! I should have a 10K year as well. Put 4,200 on it in March with a trip to NM. Start the CCR trek next week with a CA trip at the end. Should be good for another 6K.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dthogey said:
Brought her up to Grand Rapids for a 18,000 check up. I've done a lot of riding up here in Northern MI this summer and I'll need to schedule the 24,000mi check up within a few hundred miles.

All of this on the stock seat which I hate. I just bought a used Corbin on this site and can't wait to try it.

David

What was done at your 12K interval do you remember and how different from the 18K. I too have '09 lady and just returned from TX steering down my 12,000 schedule maintenance. Check out my half and half trip. Or anyone else with these girls in common and have already had this service done.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billsmith said:
What was done at your 12K interval do you remember and how different from the 18K. I too have '09 lady and just returned from TX steering down my 12,000 schedule maintenance. Check out my half and half trip. Or anyone else with these girls in common and have already had this service done.

Bill, I'm sorry I don't have any idea what they did different. I just take it in and they check it out.

I know that I had brakes put on at the 18k inspection. I had just spent a few days in the Smokies and must have been a little hard on them.

David

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been keeping track of my mileage this year too. So far I've done 16,673 on the LT, 7,195 on the RS, (and 1,713 in the car). Still have a few more trips planned :)

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mccodavj said:
I've been keeping track of my mileage this year too. So far I've done 16,673 on the LT, 7,195 on the RS, (and 1,713 in the car). Still have a few more trips planned :)

Wow, good for you. That is great. I'll be curious to know how many miles you get this year.

Be safe!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
That's good David. Did you enter the 6 month BMWMOA milage contest ?.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saddleman said:
That's good David. Did you enter the 6 month BMWMOA milage contest ?.

No, I am a member and I did not know about this contest!

·
Registered
69 Posts
We got a 2008 trike last year and put 8K+ on it in the first year. On the stock seat so I know what you mean!

Got the seat back from Russell Saddles last monday. Have only put on about 50 miles but so far it feels much better. Hopefully this weekend we can put a few hundred on it.

How do you like the Corbin? I had one on a 91 K75 and it was nice. But I've heard that they "don't make 'em like they used to".

·
Registered
220 Posts
dthogey said:
Well I just turned 10k miles this year on the 09 LT I bought about a year ago. I hauled it to Chattanooga in January then rode it Ft. Meyers and left it in FL for the winter going down 3 different times to put some miles on. In May I flew down in order to ride it back to MI. What a great ride up thru Georgia to the Smokies. The mountain riding is really great.

David
Did they adjust the valves @ 18,000 mi. check?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just pulled my bill for the 18k check and it looks like all they did was change oil, gear lube, there is a charge for a seal ring, and some brake pads.

The total bill for parts and labor is only $264.93

David

·
Registered
577 Posts
IIRC valves are checked at 24K increments. Nice impressive riding total.

In 07 on my 05 my four corner drive was for a total 12,025 miles in 28 days. This was on the original seat with mic-O-pegs. When I repeat next year I will need an aftermarket seat but mic-O-pegs will be a must.

ride safe

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rosenhauer said:
We got a 2008 trike last year and put 8K+ on it in the first year. On the stock seat so I know what you mean!

Got the seat back from Russell Saddles last monday. Have only put on about 50 miles but so far it feels much better. Hopefully this weekend we can put a few hundred on it.

How do you like the Corbin? I had one on a 91 K75 and it was nice. But I've heard that they "don't make 'em like they used to".

I like the Corbin compared to the stock seat, it is much better. My problem is that the seat is much wider which makes it difficult for a short guy like me (5'7" with 30" inseam) to move the bike around. I am on my tip toes and haven't gotten used to it yet.

David

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey I'm 3 inches from the End Zone!
Let's make that 3 miles from 12,000. Basically it was accomplished in two even tours. One right after I got it last year and 6,000 more this year. Yes the seat could be more comfortable but time and finances will let me know when to make the change. At the same time I am learning about different seats and the level of comfort right here on the forum. Thanks!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts