BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Driving down the Highway today and came upon a Paving project.

I saw a sign that instructing me to slow down. Which I did. The next sign told me there was "Bump" ahead.

Its should have read "Huge Fu&%ing bump"

I hit the bump and my left mirror popped right off and there it sat on the side of the bike be held on by the tether. I found a safe place to pull over and snaped it back on.

After I got back on the road I began to think of the hassle I would have been though had the tether not been there.

So after 2 bikes and 40K miles the tethers did there job. If youv'e thought about getting them now is the time, they work.

Ride well

·
Registered
371 Posts
Saturday a week ago I was on a East Texas back road and hit a hole and the right mirror popped off, but was caught by the fishing tether that Dan had help me install.

Then last Friday I was riding on one of Houston's great streets and caught the edge of a crack and the right mirror fell off on the road. I couldn't believe it. I was riding down the road and the mirror was trying to keep up bouncing down the street. :) Somehow when I put the mirror on before the little spring clip that holds the fishing line had gotten bent or something.

I decided to use plastic tie bands instead. I carry extra ones so I just put two together and made a loop for the mirrors (both). I got out the black mark-a-lot did a little repair work and went back to riding.

·
Registered
444 Posts
On the way to CCR this year, I hit a BFPH (big f###### pot hole) in eastern SD, and my right mirror fell off, luckily I had it tethered. At first I tried to put it back on while moving, of course that didn't work, so had to stop to put it back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts