BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a 1/2 cover for the 2007 K12GT? Can it be put in place with the tail trunk on the bike? Thanx.

- Bob

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I like the Nelson-Rigg (on my LT) UV-2000. They make different sizes. Priced right, and does a great job. I'm betting an XL would fit your scoot, perhaps a large.

Check out their website here for 1/2 covers.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
Check this thread over on K-bikes.com, specifically post #20. The Dowco Guardian Traveler Size XL cover is waterproof, packs small, and covers everything that needs to be covered. And yes, it does fit over the 49L trunk and an XL AeroFlow windshield + AeroGards.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I had the Traveler for my LT and have been using it on my GT. Even without the top case it works well and will cover both side cases.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Cover Max 1/2 covers - get the largest size. Works great at covering my FJR wtih large shield and trunk. Best material I've seen out of all I have used and a nice little bag with staps to put it in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With no intention of sounding like a smart "A" I have to ask, if we are on the road, why are we covering them? After a couple days, they are already dirty and the motel has loaner towels for the seat and windshield if needed.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
mdm_rides said:
With no intention of sounding like a smart "A" I have to ask, if we are on the road, why are we covering them? After a couple days, they are already dirty and the motel has loaner towels for the seat and windshield if needed.
It keeps the seat dry, and it hides the electronics. My gps, V1, etc. are locked to the bike, but out of sight, out of mind. Also, it allows you to lock the helmets and jackets to the seat then cover it all up. We've done that many times when doing tourist stuff rather than lugging all that gear around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a great idea for the occasional tourist stop. I am the guy you see carrying his tail pack with Valentine, gps etc. while the helmet and coat sit on the handle bars.

At this point, no one would want to steal my stuff, but I may want new gear someday.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I have used the EZ Touring half covers for decades. I like them because they store REALLY small in the included pouch. I used them to protect my motorcycles from daily parking in the sun in open parking lots with no shade, here in Southern California. The EZ Touring covers were perfect for my needs. They kept the seats and gauges in mint condition. An EZ Touring cover holds up very well under daily use in the hot sun, as long as you apply the recommended UV protectant spray when it first arrives.

I learned that I needed a cover after the gauges on my first motorcycle (Honda CB400F Super Sport) completely bleached out in just a few months.

Because I now have garage parking at home and work, I did not buy an EZ Touring cover for my GT, but I would buy one if I needed it for daily parking protection.

See: http://www.eztouring.com/

Disclaimers:

#1: I know and have helped the people who own the business, but I still buy the covers at the same price that everyone else pays. They hand sew their covers in Bend, OR, so they are really made in USA. The owner just sold the business to one of the grandmas (really!) who does the sewing.

#2: When Geza offered a special deal on their factory seconds a couple months ago, I bought one of their covers. I haven't needed to use it yet, so I cannot report on my own experience. I did get mixed reviews from others after the fact.

I do have some regrets about the Geza because it was very expensive (even as a second) and it is much bulkier (in the stuff sack) than the EZ Touring cover.

·
IBR# 366
16,532 Posts
The Geza is a nice cover, but as you said it's bulky and expensive. Plus, it's not at all waterproof, so in anything more than morning dew it will absorb water then get wet, really heavy, and even more bulky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts