BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, While searching for a place to mount my fuze block under my seat, I noticed that the upper end of my rear shock has a pretty heavy accumulation of wettish dirt. Has any one else had this? is it normal for some light weeping? It's not forming any drips, just slightly damping the dirt. I have an '09 RT, lowered, no ESA. Thanks for your thoughts!

Joe.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That area should be dry. How many miles on the bike? I suspect the seal is seeping lightly - now. If that's the case, it is very likely it will become a leak in time.

Take it to the dealer and let them determine the problem. You'll probably find yourself with a new shock under warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike has 15K on it now. Kind of what I was suspecting. I'm not going to wipe anything off so they can see my condition.

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's still ok for you to shower and clean up between now and when you get with the dealer. They're not generally that interested in your condition.

They specialize in bikes so don't clean the area on the shock until they see it though... :wave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:histerica :rotf: Guess I worded that somewhat wrong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts