BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 09 RT with the cd radio option. I do not care for the cd player. too me it is useless since I have a zumo using the mp3 player. However, I do like the radio option.
on the 2010 and 11 models, it only comes with a radio with no cd player, but it has total different controls on the handle bar. I also like the fact that the Radio only option allows for some space in the glove box. Is there a way to retrofit the 2010 or 2011 radio and put it on the 09 RT or is their a third party radio that has FM and AM that could be put in place of the cd/radio option? I still would want to control from the left panel.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You can get $1000+ for your radio from someone who has the factory radio wire kit. but I don't think it would be worth it for you. Guys are installing marine radios, if you find one with remote you can mount the remote on the left side in place of the factory controls.

My bike has the kit and was thinking of just installing an amp to hookup my xm and smart phone. The phone is taking the place of my XM and GPS. Still in the experiment stages. There are radio apps and XM app but haven't tried them on remote interstates yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts