BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings experienced members! I just completed replacing all the brake lines with Spieglers per Kirk's video on my '09 LT, including bleeding the master cylinders to the ABS, but when I turned on the key no ABS noise. I used the funnel and a hand vacuum gizmo to pull the fluid to the calipers, and now the front lever and rear pedal feel good (not spongy) but the boost isn't happening (all is quiet except for the Tic Tic Tic of the ABS lamp flasher). The bike is stripped down, not even a gas tank let alone lamps, so the general failure lamp is on steady and the ABS lamp is flashing 4x per second. Do I need a GS-911 to make it go again? Are the level sensor floats stuck in the down position? What should I try? Suggestions are welcome. I never had any problems with my brakes before this service, except the rear sensor wire problem (getting broke at the flex point, which I fixed).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Stupid question, but it sounds like you are not getting power to the unit, did you remember to secure the electrical connection to the ABS?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I would remove the connector and then reinstall it you should get the self test cycle, but that will not complete if the brakes are applied so check you brake switches. One of them is likely engaged. You will know when you have it as it will fast flash then shift to slow flash and you will hear the servos.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
bet its the foot brake, that hose is a prick to install and you can catch and the wire if your not careful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bet its the foot brake, that hose is a prick to install and you can catch and the wire if your not careful.
Well Som-a-gun! Plugged in the footbrake connector (two wires) and its back in action! Thanks a million. I don't think I ever would have thought that an open switch is different than an unplugged one. Guess it's normally closed. Anyhow you guys saved me a weekend of halted progress! Back to assembly...(so many parts and screws and so little memory of where they go...).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts