BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat new to the forum. I think I have ask a few questions in the past. I bought a 07 RT in April 2021. I am new to BMW ,I have had many goldwings and a couple ultras. I have been riding somewhere around 30 years. I know very little about the BMW brand and the RT. I purchased it from the original owner and it has 22,000 miles on it. I need to make some comfort changes. I have a short inseam but don’t like the position of the pegs and the brake pedal is to small for my liking.Is there any foot pegs or floor boards that help change the position? Is there a different brake pedal that has a larger foot pad? My wife slides forward when I stop. I read another post about that,and see we are not the only ones with that problem. The bike has a Russel seat that is very nice and fits us well.My wife and I are about the same size as the original owner and his wife.My wife is very comfortable on the bike and likes it as well as the wings we have had. Still have a goldwing trike. I am having the dreaded pain between my shoulder blades after riding a while. The bike has handle bar risers installed ,but must need to make a change to them although they seem to be about right. I really don’t know where in the aftermarket to look for accessories for the RT and what are the must haves

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I have an 07 that I did some significant modifications on. Most of the mods are on the billboard from the 2014 IBA InterNational in Denver.

I don't have to source for the bar risers [seen in the photo - the black plates under the bar mounts] but they bring the bars up almost an inch, back toward the rider and out from the steering head a little. They work great.

Bike now has @ 150+K on it. Only issues were fuel pump at about 40 K miles and universal joint failed at roughly 110 K miles.

Runs great. My son has it in his garage so we can ride - I ride a 15RTW.

Hope that helps.

ADDED - Forgot to mention, I'm 5'7" with a 27" inseam. My riding boots have lifted soles - roughly half an inch. They help.

Font Wood Material property Gas Rectangle

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Plant

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wunderlich do a brake pedal extender which helps a bit. I believe Iliumworks do a footpeg lowering kit including a footboard option. You may also benefit from putting a jubilee clip on the sidestand to help with retracting it. (Gives your foot some to catch)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. After reading through the list of things that you posted, I have some of it on my bike. The owner must have installed. I did a search for driver running boards and came up with nothing so far. What I found was for a 2014 and up,so that tells me there must have been a frame change or something. I did find a extended brake pedal. The only crash bars I found for my 07 was on eBay. I am thinking if I had those I could add highway pegs. That would help a lot I believe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the 2014 and up accessories fit my 07 ? I am thinking they will not work or it would state otherwise.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Thanks for the info. After reading through the list of things that you posted, I have some of it on my bike. The owner must have installed. I did a search for driver running boards and came up with nothing so far. What I found was for a 2014 and up,so that tells me there must have been a frame change or something. I did find a extended brake pedal. The only crash bars I found for my 07 was on eBay. I am thinking if I had those I could add highway pegs. That would help a lot I believe.
Unless stated by the mfg., 2014 accessories are unlikely to fit the 07 frame.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After taking a closer look at iliumworks web site I found they make highway pegs with mounts for my 07. I ordered them. I think they should help with riding position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
T-Rex Racing has some guards that fit a 2007 RT. I have the bag guards on my 2007 RT, they are well made and look good, and a good price. I don't have their engine guards, so I can't comment on them.
https://www.t-rex-racing.com/category-s/1411.htm

Reactions: Handy1

·
Registered
2 Posts
T-Rex Racing has some guards that fit a 2007 RT. I have the bag guards on my 2007 RT, they are well made and look good, and a good price. I don't have their engine guards, so I can't comment on them.
https://www.t-rex-racing.com/category-s/1411.htm
i sorry to hijack tread but i cant start tread so mayb this will get it goin. RTs burn headlights out fast, the cure is to crimp pinch the female blade wire conecter for the headlights. they get loose causein heat causein the headlight to burn out fast. i got 15k miles on this set of silvania silverstar headlights, longest life up to this light cure was 9k. thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i sorry to hijack tread but i cant start tread so mayb this will get it goin. RTs burn headlights out fast, the cure is to crimp pinch the female blade wire conecter for the headlights. they get loose causein heat causein the headlight to burn out fast. i got 15k miles on this set of silvania silverstar headlights, longest life up to this light cure was 9k. thanks
Thanks for the tip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts