BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this bike used and the PO indicated there was no key fob as the bike had no alarm and central lock. Striping the bike down to find the alarm and electrical connections to the locks so I suspect central locks and alarm came with this bike. Is there a way of getting these functions to work again with a replacement fob?

How would the system be disconnected so that the bike is not immobilized without the key fob?

Thanks,

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Yes you can buy a FOB but you will need the alarm code to sync it. There is a paper tag on the alarm unit with a 5 digit code(see the photo for 14111), this is what you take to the dealer and he sends it off to the Fatherland to get the actual alarm code you can use.

Option two is to remove the alarm's 12 pin connector and jumper a few wires as follows:

To get the bike running again you need to jumper the following pins on the 12 pin connector. Pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow); this is the starter button signal to the starter relay. Then jumper pin 10 (green/violet, switched power) to pin 6 (blue/violet, engine electronics relay). Now the bike will start and run normally.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can buy a FOB but you will need the alarm code to sync it. There is a paper tag on the alarm unit with a 5 digit code(see the photo for 14111), this is what you take to the dealer and he sends it off to the Fatherland to get the actual alarm code you can use.

Option two is to remove the alarm's 12 pin connector and jumper a few wires as follows:

To get the bike running again you need to jumper the following pins on the 12 pin connector. Pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow); this is the starter button signal to the starter relay. Then jumper pin 10 (green/violet, switched power) to pin 6 (blue/violet, engine electronics relay). Now the bike will start and run normally.
Thanks John. This 07 must have already had that done to it as the battery has been disconnected many times, once connected the bike works fine with the key and no alarm/ immobilizer issue. Just wonder if it is worth the expense to get it back to original.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Not necessarily. The alarm can be programmed to leave the immobilizer off and it does not always revert back following a battery disconnect. But it often does, so the only way to know for sure is to pull off the top case and have a look. I carry a 12 pin plug pre-wired just for this issue in case my alarm dies on me on a trip. 10 minutes I have it going again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts