BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'06 Security System & other stuff

I am as nervous as the proverbial cat on tin. Just about to pull the trigger on an 06 and noticed that it doesn't seem to have a security system installed. The current owner says he doesn't know and he claims he doesn't have a key fob either. So, is this logical for an 06 sold in Jan this year? And if so, can one by installed by a dealer? How much and is it worth it? Yeah, I know that the answer to the last is "it depends" but I have read threads where guys have had issues with the thing.

Oh, another question (assuming that is allowed), it does have an intercom system - do the headsets come with?

Thanks guys - got to give the seller my answer tonight so appreciate your comments

Geoff

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
I believe the alarm system is an option, so you could get an LT without one. Also the intercom was an option until very recently, but the headsets may still be extra. Ask the seller if he got them with the bike or still has them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
LTs built after Jan 1, 06 have security system standard. I think it is part of the convenience package. Mine has intercom, it does not come with the headsets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts