BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hey guy's - are there any sites or performance parts for the LT - I've found the chip by "George" in greece but that's about it-
looking to give her some more punch over the winter - when i do the main service

Thanks

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
hey guy's - are there any sites or performance parts for the LT - I've found the chip by "George" in greece but that's about it-
looking to give her some more punch over the winter - when i do the main service

Thanks
I am not sure that there are many things you can do beyond the chip and an different exhaust. The chip from what I have read won't really increase horsepower so much as correct the power band utilization at settings lower than full throttle with different timing advance curve and will also require you to run premium if you aren't doing that already. Watch Kirks video on the chip install and his impressions of it if you haven't.

My bike runs and performs fine for me so attempting to add a few horsepower would be low on my list. I would be more interested in having a smoother power curve from low to high end and that would be my only motivation for installing a chip or a louder exhaust.

If you are not, learn to ride it in the upper half of the tach. There is plenty of HP there for me. She is a pig below 3K

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
exhaust ??? use the rs exhaust ???
i already use the 5-6k rpm , unless the wife's on the back

thanks
It is even better at 7-8 K in the twisties in 2nd gear.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
exhaust ??? use the rs exhaust ???
i already use the 5-6k rpm , unless the wife's on the back

thanks
I know not where to get one or if they are still available but Remus made one for the LT. There may be others also.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts