BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have also been experiencing stalling problems with my GT. Pull in the clutch and it stalls out. Mostly I have had this problem driving in stop and go traffic or slow speed driving under 40 mph. However mine will take several minutes before it will restart. Anyone experience the same issue with the restart?
I have had the bike for about 5 weeks and it has 17,200 miles on it. I have experienced the problem with several different tanks of fuel. Also on two occasions it has run very rough and put out black exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I know BMW is investigating a similar issue on the 1300 models, but I haven't heard anything about this on 1200s of your vintage. The inability to start for several minutes is very different than what I am hearing for the 1300 issue. I would suggest getting it to your dealer for analysis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,
Thanks. The restart issue is scary. Stuck at a light on a highway and can't get going. Nobody here in NJ will give you much of a break. It's at the dealer right now. It will be interesting to see if they come up with anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts