BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 05' LT and as usual the radio is on the fritz. It was not a big issue because I purchased the Sena 20s for my rider and me. They work great, but I want to utilize the 6 disc CD changer that is taking up real estate. I thought I would just get a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver and all would be good. I went to plug it in thinking that one of the 3.5MM ports on the CD player in the console was a headphone jack, but it does not look that way. One seems to be labled "AUX"ilary and one looks like an antenna of some sort. The question to the group then is, can I easily plug in the transmitter? I plugged it into both of the 3.5MM ports but it did not seam to send the music. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
A simple quick low cost solution is to buy a bluetooth transmitter and tap into the rear speaker wiring.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
Yeah both the jacks are inputs to the intercom system for an MP3 player and bike to bike radios not an output.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A simple quick low cost solution is to buy a bluetooth transmitter and tap into the rear speaker wiring.
What if the rear speakers don't operate? I do not know a heck of a lot about the issue, just that it is a common problem. The only speaker that works on mine is the front left,

·
Registered
694 Posts
Is putting your CD music onto your phone, ipod or other bluetooth device an option? I also have Sena 20s and rarely, if ever since owning them, have used the radio or cd player. I frequently use my iphone or ipod touch gen 4 to bluetooth connect to 20s. I also use the FM radio in the 20s. Tuned to pick up FM frequency broadcasts from our XM receiver. (Delphi Roady2)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Your Sena 20s have an aux input jack for music on the back of the base. Just get an MP3 player, copy all of your music over to the MP3 player and hook it direct into your Sena headset with a 24" 3.5mm cable. I have an old iPod with all of my music that tucks nicely into the vest pocket on all of my riding jackets and even with gloves I can control the music through the jacket by poking the click wheel. Any other bluetooth device that is sync'd with your headset will interrupt your music when it is active. The music will also interrupt when you tap to talk to your passenger. Even better you and your passenger can each listen to your own music without having to compromise.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Well then you are in trouble, the radio has a know problem with the output power amps failing. If you want to keep it stock with all controls working you will need to send it out for repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts