BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my LT and drove it home last night. I can't believe how much better this 05 handles compared to the 03. Now I see why some call it a pig in a parking lot. It's a world of difference. It will take some getting used to after coming off a cruiser again. The previous owner must have been height challanged. He cut off the top of the windshield and all I got coming home in that stiff southern breeze was wind noise. I've about got the guages figured out and now I'm working on the alarm. It doesn't seem to be the simple alarm that was on the 03. It sets itself automatically every time you turn the bike off. I'm glad I got 2 with the bike.
I heard a little squeal from the rear brake a couple of times. I'm assuming the speedo is a little fast like the others. I love that cruise control but with my big paws I hate those skinny grips. I think I'll try some grip puppies. And I definitely need some J Pegs so I can stretch out my legs a little. I hate those hip cramps. I stood up and sat on the rear seat once last night.
Also, do I need to do the cannisterectomy and clip the brown wire again? I have no auxillary lights but I noticed the headlight is much better than the 03 was. I guess I'm on the road to Farkledom again................ :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can de-activate the automatic immobilizer so the alarm doesn't set itself every time you shut the bike off. The instructions are in the alarm booklet. Pretty sure clipping the brown wire isn't necessary on a 05 and later. I have an 09 and have done the cannisterectomy.
Welcome back to the insanity, Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
No brown wire in a 05. :)

Upgrade the headlight to HID and then you will be able to SEE. :wave

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you need a tall LT windshield I have a spare OEM one around......price will be fair.

JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts