·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an '05 Fender fit an '04 LT?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I believe it will, but you'll need to paint it. Just remember, where there's a will, there's a way. I installed a ZX-6R fender onto my ZX-11. Wasn't really "supposed" to fit, but with a little ingenuity, no big deal. That's kinda what makes these mods fun, right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to Bob's BMW parts gurus today and they tell me that the '05 front fender will not fit an '04...

Has anybody out the actually accomplished this??? If so, what was involved beyond simple bolt on?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,908 Posts
I got the same answer when I tried to order the new CD manual from those guys. Told 'em to order it anyway. They don't always know and the BMW rep steers them wrong at times.

I checked the PN for the slider tubes and fork bridge - they are the same for the 04 and 05 so it should fit. It most likely won't fit the early ABS II bikes as they have different sliders and fork bridge.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Huh??????????

Safedog said:
Spoke to Bob's BMW parts gurus today and they tell me that the '05 front fender will not fit an '04...

Has anybody out the actually accomplished this??? If so, what was involved beyond simple bolt on?
05 fender on an 01. Fits just fine. Takes all of five minutes to swap. The allen head fender screws through the side of the 01 fender need to be installed before the 05 fender is put in place. (1/8" shorter screws or a washer or two under the head wouldn't hurt) Top screws are the same. Just add two "short" tupperware screws to the mix (for the gray lower "skirt") and it's done!

Oh, and like Joe says............Needs paint.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts