BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a thanks to everyone on the forum for the info. Second, I have an 05 with 6700 miles on it. A 1000 miles ago the clear coat started pealing back from the front edge of the front fender. Oh, it's Ocean Blue Metallic. Has anyone heard of this and is this a warranty item? Thanks

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I don't recall any posts regarding peeling clear coat. What's your dealing saying about it? Sounds to me like a warranty item.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are the original owner be sure to ask if the front fender was repaired because of damage in shipment. A repainted fender would be my first guess. If you bought the bike new and it has never been repaired then I would think they might replace it, but they could have a time limit on appearence items like the car manufactures do. Thats a good question and I will ask since I have to go see the dealer this week because the coating is peeling off of my windshield and I am loosing the contrast on the display on my 05.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
gandelf said:
First, a thanks to everyone on the forum for the info. Second, I have an 05 with 6700 miles on it. A 1000 miles ago the clear coat started pealing back from the front edge of the front fender. Oh, it's Ocean Blue Metallic. Has anyone heard of this and is this a warranty item? Thanks
I've never heard of that 'feature', butt the '99 warranty manual sez:

The following items are warrantable for defects in material and workmanship for the first 12 months:
Paint and powder coat finishes
Battery

Good luck with your dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news! The mechanic at Nick's BMW in Green Bay took a 3 second look at the front fender and stated we will have a replacement here in a week. BMW will replace it IF a chip or scratch wasn't the cause of the clear coat pealing. Thanks for all your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts