BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I have heard that the 04 saddle will fit the 05 with nothing more than some 'dremmelling'. Does anyone here have some pix of where to dremel? I have an 04 pan coming and will be sending it off to Russell for retro-butt-fit.
Thanks,

F

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I think Russell knows where to dremel. I used an 03 seat on my 05 in the high position with no problem. It is pretty obvious where it contacts in the low setting.

Hint - borrow a little lipstick from your SO (not her favorite color) and apply it to the top ridge of the tupperware - then lower the seat pan to contact - now you know where to cut!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jzeiler said:
I think Russell knows where to dremel. I used an 03 seat on my 05 in the high position with no problem. It is pretty obvious where it contacts in the low setting.

Hint - borrow a little lipstick from your SO (not her favorite color) and apply it to the top ridge of the tupperware - then lower the seat pan to contact - now you know where to cut!
John,

Thats thinkin! Got my order in today for the Russell, looks like an OCT build date.

F

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dave: I transferred over the seat from my 03 to my first 05 three years ago. Maybe twenty minutes with the dremel and everything fit just fine. There are two ribs that run the length of the seat on the pan. You just need to trim off about a third of depth of both, about in the middle. That is, if you run the seat in the power postion. If you run it in the high position no trimming is needed. Only reason to have to trim the ribs in the low position is that they put a fair amount of pressure on the top ridge of the tupperware on both sides. I'm lovin the Hawk pads. 100 nearly dust free miles! Dick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts