BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having a manual for the '04 GT, I'm curious how much difference there is in changing engine oil versus the LT's change.

Friend in the 'hood acquired a beautiful GT coupla months ago; has ordered a Clymer manual, and has ordered and received an engine oil change kit from somewhere. I volunteered to help him if he'll ride it over to my casa and we'll use my lift.

Question is: while I figger the oil filter and procedure for changing the fluid is 'bout the same as the LT, I'm not sure about the need for removal of any tupperware. I looked back thru several months of past threads and didn't see anythang about it - the search feature wuzn't helpful - and we don't know anybody locally with an '04.

So - are we gonna need to remove any torx screws (thus initiating the left over bin), or just plow ahead like I do on ole Toad? Thanks in advance, all.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I have a friend with an '03 RS. I don't remember having to remove Tupperware to do an oil change. Exactly the same as doing an LT. I put a call into him and left a voicemail. If he returns my call verifying my story, I'll reply again. But I'm pretty sure you're all set.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
messenger13 said:
I have a friend with an '03 RS. I don't remember having to remove Tupperware to do an oil change. Exactly the same as doing an LT. I put a call into him and left a voicemail. If he returns my call verifying my story, I'll reply again. But I'm pretty sure you're all set.
Thanks, Joe. I know you're right - I just need a leetle assurance before I act like I know what I'm doing --- in my own garage!!! I'll know what to do when he rolls it in, butt thought maybe somebody might keep me from an 'aw sheet' that'll make his eyes git big!!! :eek: ;)

Best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts