BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

mick-0-pegs

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DABubba 
#1 ·
Looking at highway pegs and wondering if anyone has tried the Mick-O-Pegs on the LT. They look good on the site. It's between these and Highway Ottomans, but so far these are getting the edge. Thanks.

#3 ·
I think they look okay on the Goldwing, but I don't really like the looks on the LT. I've ordered the Ottomans after trying someones Jpegs and reading reviews on this site.

#4 ·
I bought them at CCR and love them. The other two options (ottomans and jpegs) stretch parts of my body that are better left unstrectched and the position makes me wonder when the OB/GYN is going to tell me to push :). The mick o pegs are like a super peg lowering kit, your legs just kinda hang down in an almost natural state.

#5 ·
I had them on my Wing also and really liked them. When I start preping the bike for next year I will be putting a set on the LT. I have J-Pegs at the moment and they just aren't nearly as comfortable. I don't remember the gentlemens name that builds them but he is one fine person and will bend over backwards to help you with any custom issues.

#6 ·
I bought a set at CCR. Sat on bike with the Ottomans and had a hard time getting my legs up on them. Was also a little too laid back for me. I
am 5'9" with a 30 inch inseam. The MOPs are easy to get onto. I don't use them for very long at a time. But it is good to get another position for the legs. I have touched my boot on the pavement when leaning into a gentle curve. I'm very happy with them.

#7 ·
I have the Ottomans and I use them usually one leg at a time but I would like to have something down in a lower more natural position. Does anyone have a good picture of them on their LT? The pic on the website isn't very clear.

#8 ·
Doug,

I am in contact with Jim (The Owner, Manufacturer) of MOPs as we speak. I'm headed out and will post additional pix on my return on Sunday.. These are not a finished set, they still need to be polished and anodized.. I am looking forward to getting mine.

Attachments

#9 ·
I looked at this at CCR too. Since they are either full up or full down, without any adjustment inbetween, they aren't even on my radar anymore. I have J-Pegs right now, but may be going to Highway Ottomans before all is said and done.

JM2CW, YMMV, and all other disclaimers that apply.

#10 ·
Some built in stops would be a significant advantage with these...shouldn't be too tough of a design mod.

#12 ·
I don't have a pair to experiment with...sorry.

#13 ·
I bought a pair at CCR and have been very happy with them. Coming back I put in two back-to-back 1000 mile days, and don't think I could have done it without an alternate leg position. I've never tried the Ottomans or the J-pegs, so I can't compare. But I like the looks of and function of the Mick-o-pegs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.