BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Alarm Remote for my 2005 KLT to replace one that was damaged. I’ve done a search, but have come up short on the procedure for programming the Remote control on the newer model. I guess I shouldn’t feel too bad; three local BMW dealerships couldn’t come up with the answer either. Can someone please tell me if I must take the bike in to have it re-programmed, or are there procedures out there that someone could share?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I sure the answer can found by performing a search on the old forum... and for a price,er I mean donation to this site one of the more proficient member will search thru the maze post the answer.

PS Welcome.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s OK………..I don’t expect people to do what I’m capable of doing myself. I’ll search on.

“PS Welcome.” Thanks…..I’m feeln’ the love already.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Did ya try looking in the alarm owners manual that you should have received with the bike. I believe you'll find it there.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,192 Posts
Ron,

Give this a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John,

I bought the bike used with about 2,000 miles on it, and the original owner “damaged” the remote and “lost” the manuals. I’ve searched the old archives, and came up with several posts about the ’99 – ’03 models, but little on later models that will actually work on programming the new remote…….until now.
I thank you for this…..very much!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,192 Posts
Ron,

I had a post in the old "Hall of Wisdom" that was a basic re-word of the 05 manual to program the mode of alarm operation. I could not find it. I have it on my machine at home so I'll send it later this evening. It will allow you to have the imobilizer default to off so you don't have to hit the remote prior to each start.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,192 Posts
'05 Alarm

Ron,

I found it in the Hall of Wisdom. Go to the Home page and on the left is "Got Questions?" Click on "Hall of Wisdom". It's under "Customization" then "Radios and Optional Extras".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it!!

John, I can’t thank you enough! I contacted a local dealer again, and they sent me a set of instructions that could not have….and didn’t work. However, this did work! Thanks for all your effort; it’s very much appreciated.

Ron

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,192 Posts
Ron,

That is what this site is all about. Helping each other get the maximum fun out of these great bikes! Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts