Uni-Go trailers - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 25th, 2011, 10:45 am Thread Starter

Uni-Go trailers

I am wondering if anyone one on here owns a uni-go trailer or has pulled one. I like the looks of them and how small they are etc. I am wondering if they are wrth the money and how they trailer behind a bike.

Thansk in advance for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 25th, 2011, 12:48 pm Thread Starter

Re: Uni-Go trailers

A uni-go looks like it would be an awesome trailer for pulling behind a bike. I am hoping to find a used one for a good price.
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 25th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsizemore
A uni-go looks like it would be an awesome trailer for pulling behind a bike. I am hoping to find a used one for a good price.
Jeff - ping Bill Jennings <bulletbill> for Uni-Go info. He most prolly knows where new or used ones are.

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 25th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Jeff - ping Bill Jennings <bulletbill> for Uni-Go info. He most prolly knows where new or used ones are.
+1 on Bill. Good guy. I bought mine used from a someone on GL1800rider.com (Goldwing) forum -- which is what I use to pull it with. You cannot feel it back there (except when backing up, which takes a little practice). It leans with the bike and I carry a case or two of bottled water to eliminate the slight bounce when empty. Gas mileage is not effected. Watch out for the early model, New Zealand- built ones. The frames were flimsy (mine was reinforced by the the previous owner).
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 26th, 2011, 12:20 pm

I debated about the price of the trailer, but now that I have had my Unigo a couple of years, it was well worth it. You basically don't know that it behind you when towing. Holds enough of our stuff to make touring two up comfortable.

Jim G - Rochester, MN
BMW MOA #123976
2000 K1200LTC
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 26th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Another satisfied Unigo owner here. I have 15k miles on it in 4 years. Bought it new from Schoolhouse Motorcycle Accessories in Monroe, OH. IIRC they are recently out of business and have sold everything to another company. We've taken it to Montana, Minnesota, the Gulf coast, New England - basically any multi-day two-up trip. For a 2-3 day trip two-up we get by without the trailer. Just depends on how much stuff you can't live without.

Pros:
It tracks right behind you. No issues with gas pumps, for examples. (I've seen two-wheeled trailers that were run into things because the operator forgot they were back there.)
Lesser cost than SOME bigger trailers.
Small size. It can be wheeled into a hotel room. I've done that 2 or 3 times. It's an interesting feature but a bit of a pain with a fully-loaded trailer. Easier to tow, and easier to stop.

Cons:
Small-ish capacity.

If I had to do it over again - now that I've lived with a smaller trailer - I'd go with a bigger trailer. My friend has a more standard-size two-wheeled trailer with a cooler on the front. That came in VERY handy on our recent vacation. We got used to having ice-cold drinks available at stops very quickly! The bigger trailer also enabled us to put 4 helmets and riding gear in it during stops (along with their luggage).

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in