Trike cover modifications - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 11:54 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Trike cover modifications

For those of you who happen to have your LTs triked as I do, you may have faced a similar problem as I did regarding the cover. I have two antennas on my 05 (radio and CB) and the Hannigan cover which I purchased at the time of conversion is great except for needing to remove the antennas every time I put the cover on.

To solve this problem, I removed the antennas, installed the cover, marked the spots where the antennas needed to come through, marked it and then cut a small round hole at each place. I then used a piece of 1/8" thick flexible rubber pad to cut out 4 inch diameter discs and cut 4 slits in each one. I then used contact cement to glue two at each hole, one on either side with the slits offset (to maximize the leak proofing of the slits).

Now I am able to install the cover without removing the antennas and they actually help to secure the cover in high winds too. I've sent this suggestion to Hannigan so that maybe they'll include this option on future models, or at least offer it as an option.

Triker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 11:17 am Thread Starter

Cover mod pics

Didn't have these yesterday.
One of the rubber discs was not fully set and I moved it accidentally. That's why one of them looks a little less than professional.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00001.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	121   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	122   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00003.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	123  

Triker

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 1st, 2008, 12:26 pm

Re: Trike cover modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker
For those of you who happen to have your LTs triked as I do, you may have faced a similar problem as I did regarding the cover. I have two antennas on my 05 (radio and CB) and the Hannigan cover which I purchased at the time of conversion is great except for needing to remove the antennas every time I put the cover on.

To solve this problem, I removed the antennas, installed the cover, marked the spots where the antennas needed to come through, marked it and then cut a small round hole at each place. I then used a piece of 1/8" thick flexible rubber pad to cut out 4 inch diameter discs and cut 4 slits in each one. I then used contact cement to glue two at each hole, one on either side with the slits offset (to maximize the leak proofing of the slits).

Now I am able to install the cover without removing the antennas and they actually help to secure the cover in high winds too. I've sent this suggestion to Hannigan so that maybe they'll include this option on future models, or at least offer it as an option.
I too have a Hannigan K LT trike and two different 1/2 covers both of which cover the top 1/2 (or so) of the trike without interfering with the antenna. The covers slide between the antenna mast and the top case. Works for me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in