Hey UniGo owners - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 3:21 pm Thread Starter

Hey UniGo owners

What do you do to help keep the trailer clean? When I picked this bad boy up and towed it home, the side of the trailer on the exhaust side of the bike was really dirtied up. The PO told me that was going to happen. So my question to you is, what do you do to help with the clean up. Good coat of wax? Other trailer owners welcome to provide suggestions too.

Thankis.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 4:14 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Re: Hey UniGo owners

You have a couple of options:

Clear plastic film so you can just wipe it down

Uni-Go bra (they did make one).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 6:45 pm
Gold Supporter

+1 with Raffy, but there is a third option too. When David Kinsey painted mine he used some kind of clear almost rubbery stuff in the front and sides. It protected the paint from rocks and was SOOOOO easy to clean off. Maybe David will chime in here and tell you what he used or you can PM him and ask.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 8:36 pm

I just wash it. Nothing special.

Our Uni-go is two years old. It came with clear plastic sheets on the front, to protect from stones, etc. The company owner advised against the bra - which is still available - because the paint beneath it can become chafed if you don't faithfully clean under the bra. The bra provides more coverage than the standard plastic.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 8:37 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Raffy and Jerry. I've got the padded bra for the trailer and cleaned, polished plus a double coat of Meguire's carnuba. For now that will have to do. But I'm still looking for other responses and from Mr Kinsey.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #6 of 11 Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 8:38 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Howard. Bra came with the trailer.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #7 of 11 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 10:10 am

Steve,

Here is what I did, I made a mud flap and it took care of that issue. Not only does it keep the trailer clean but it keeps the backend the bike much cleaner. It's relatively easy to do and it's my favourite under $25 farkle!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trip to kelowna 019.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	697.4 KB
ID:	24185  

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

post #8 of 11 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 2:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODHawk
Steve,

Here is what I did, I made a mud flap and it took care of that issue. Not only does it keep the trailer clean but it keeps the backend the bike much cleaner. It's relatively easy to do and it's my favourite under $25 farkle!

Dan
That's a real nice looking rig, Dan.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 2:22 pm
Gold Supporter

I donno Dan,

Something about that trailer looks awfully familiar...

When you got it painted were they able to leave the clear stuff I was talking about or did they have to sand it all off?

I know David won't be happy seeing it that color after all the trouble he went through matching the paint to my scoot.

You liking it?

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #10 of 11 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 3:40 pm

Jerry,

I absolutely love the trailer, had it on a trip to the canadian rockies back in July, didn't even noticed it was back there. Not to mention we were able to take a bunch of extra stuff!!! brought back a bunch of wine from the Okanogan wineries. As for the paint all my buddy did was scuff up the old paint and he repainted over top, so far so good. I was looking forward to meeting you at CCR but I understand you won't be able to make it?

Dan

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

post #11 of 11 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 4:36 pm
Gold Supporter

Glad to hear you are liking your trailer Dan. Enjoy it for many many miles!!!

As for meeting you at CCR, oh how I wanted to attend, but others had their own ideas.

Maybe another one or some other function down the road. I might even have to make a run up your direction some day.

Enjoy yourself in S. Dakota and ride safe!!!

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in