Leesur-lite Trailer - Product & Service readout. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2009, 10:41 am Thread Starter

Leesur-lite Trailer - Product & Service readout.

Greetings to all:
My SO and I are giving thought to the Excel model http://www.leesurelite.com/tenttrailers.asp and would appreciate any recent experience anyone may have had with the product and service from this company. With a pretty steep price tag...I would believe quality and services is top notch. I bit concerned about the "Canadian" way of caring for customers especially in today's economy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2009, 12:29 pm Thread Starter

Re: Leesur-lite Trailer - Product & Service readout.

Before thinks get ugly or misunderstood...I like the Canadians...just wondering how they are treating their customers. I have owned a Coleman pop up for 27 years (yes the same camper) and it has been a dream. I wished Coleman made one for the bike.
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2009, 4:54 pm

Maybe you already know this but here is where you can get lots of good trailer related information.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2009, 6:46 pm

I am in my third season with my Leesurelite. No service issues so I can not comment on Canadien service.

Bought from Jimmie Dawkins ---very good experience.

I am on my second set of tires with no problems on the unit. Expensive but after seeing several other brands--I still like this unit best.

www.litetentcamper.com
(I have no affiliation except as a customer)

Tom Volk
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 21st, 2009, 11:27 pm

Oh boy, were do I begin. First of all if I new then what I know now I would have looked elsewhere for a camper. We bought the camper "new" back in February but didn't take it out until the end of June.

On our first camp out it rained and the poles to our awning rusted. After spending a couples of hours removing the rust they promptly rusted again on our next outing. They were so bad that I couldn't even get the poles apart. I found out that their made of steel. The factory knows they rust but sends them out anyway because there cheap. There are four curtains in the camper and one of them is hemmed backwards.

The next problem is the worst. After our second outing I noticed rust spots on the snaps that are located on the top of the grey cover that covers the top of the camper. Also the snaps that are located around the rest of the camper are also rusting. The snaps on the grey cover have left a rust stain around each of the four snaps. The snaps on the lower sections have left rust stains on the fabric that I've so far managed to mostly rub out. I noticed just last week that there is bad rust just under the snaps next to the fabric on all lower section snaps. On some of the snaps, the back portion has rust coming through it.

Now I'll bet your all thinking after sending photo's of all the snaps to the factory that they would be on top of this and bending over backwards to get this taken care of. WRONG!
They sent the dealer up to my house to look at the trailer and the rusting snaps. The dealer is a really, really great guy by the way. After looking at the trailer the dealer and I went to a local automotive upholstery repair shop and showed the owner pictures of the snaps. He said he could put new snaps on but that the rust behind the snaps more than likely would not come out of the fabric. Well with all this information the dealer talked to the factory. This is what I wanted the factory to do: 1. replace the grey cover on the top of the camper. It just unsnaps from the top of the tent. 2. Send me new snaps so that the upholstery dealer can install them and pay for his time. 3. I wanted them to send me an add-a-room free of charge for my time spent repairing their screw ups.

Here's what the factory is going to do. Send me snaps. I didn't find out till a couple of days ago they they were not going to replaced the grey top. And my add-a-room, they said that's not there responsibility to give me something as an appreciation for taken care of THEIR problem. The dealer tried to get them to at least pay half of the add-a-room cost and they wouldn't.

I called up Leesure Lite yesterday and talked to a Rayna about why they were not going to pay for the grey top. She said that it's not there responsibility and that the new snaps will take of the problem. She could see with my photo's that the grey top is stained with rust and still, it's not there responsibility. I told her that I didn't pay 6,000 for a trailer to have rust all over it after using it twice. She didn't care. I then said I want to talk to the owners and she told me she would have them call me. That was Wednesday and it's Friday evening, and still no call.

THESE PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY. I JUST HOPE THAT PEOPLE THAT ARE LOOKING TO GET ONE OF THERE CAMPERS WILL READ THIS AND PROMPTLY WALK THE OTHER WAY. I'M NOT GOING TO BASH CANADIANS, BUT THESE LEESURE LITE PEOPLE MAKE ME JUST WANT TO THROW UP.

LEESURE LITE DOES NOT OWN UP TO THERE MISTAKES.

MORE TO COME, I'M SURE.

By the way the dealer, "god bless him" is getting me an add-a-room for all the aggravation.

BUYER BEWARE!!

Stephen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R1200RT
2010 Unigo Trailer w/Dauntless Hitch
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 9:29 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Re: Leesur-lite Trailer - Product & Service readout.

WOW...What a story...sorry to hear things are in a bad way. I guess Leesur-lite gets crossed off the list. Thanks for sharing.
post #7 of 7 Old Aug 26th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Leesure Lite Update

Just thought I'd post an update to the fiasco that Leesure Lite has caused. I'm still waiting for the call from the owners and it's now been a week. These owners are losers!

Before giving these people your hard earned money, you'd better think twice.

Buy American.

Stephen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R1200RT
2010 Unigo Trailer w/Dauntless Hitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in