Unigo Trailer to pull behind me LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 14th, 2009, 10:50 pm Thread Starter

Unigo Trailer to pull behind me LT

Getting ready for a two week trip up into New Mexico and Colorado. I'm thinking about buying a Unigo trailer to pull behind my bike. Anyone have any comments /watchouts or suggestions?

Terry Kirkland
Black 03 LT
Broken Arrow Oklahoma
BMW MOA #144774

Life is like a coin,
you can spend it on anything you want
But you can only spend it once
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 8:50 am

Re: Unigo Trailer to pull behind me LT

Picked one up second hand from Lonewolf and it is great! I haven't taken it on a long drive yet but I have been pulling it behind in town to get used to it and you would never know that it is there. Wife likes it too.

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 10:17 am
Gold Supporter

Geez Dan...I told you not to let the wife know about it...now it's hers too. So you are still stuck with the one saddlebag (the one with the CD player) for all your stuff.

I didn't have mine long, and pulling it behind the LT was great, but behind my H-D...not so much. The LT's hitch and mouting was solid which made it tow better. Great little trailer and you will love it at hotels ect where you can just wheel it in as a suitcase. I liked being able to wheel it into the house a week ahead of a trip and pack as time allowed, instead of stuffing it all in the trailer at the last minute.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #4 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Nah - she is retired military too - knows how to pack light!

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

post #5 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 5:19 pm

I found a used Unigo in Utah 2 years ago..Paint matched allmost perfict....
Drove up from Albuquerque to Salt Lake City.
Made the deal and had the local dealer service my LT and install the wiring . Pulled it back to NM (450 miles) never knew it was back there. My wife kept looking for it several miles.
As a driver you will not be able to see it behind you unless you are doing slow sharp turns.
Packed it up last July and headed to Las Vegas (HOT 114 degrees) Bike still performed great.
One great thing is if you miss a pot hole the single wheel trailer misses it also as apposed to the two wheel trailers. Bike misses the hole and the trailer hits it.
Good luck If you are in Albuquerque say

Tom & Donna
2006 BMW K1200LT
Unigo Trailer
Albuquerque, New Mexico

post #6 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Love mine. Like the others have said, really don't notice it behind you. I did notice a slight drop in gas mileage though. Can get a lot more in it than you think. If you're buying it new, get the packing bags. They are really nice to keep things seperate and just yank them out when you get to your destination.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #7 of 7 Old May 15th, 2009, 6:20 pm

We bought ours new a couple of years ago. Have taken it to WY and back, and some other trips. It's indispensable now, two-up. All of our clothes, plus laptop and extra riding gear for temperature changes. I don't notice it during takeoffs, but it makes its presence known during stops - it takes longer to brake, or my braking effort, IMO. Not a big deal.Another advantage over two-wheeled trailers is you won't hit the gas pump.

At approx. $2700 new and 5 cubic feet of storage, the per-cubic-foot price of a Bushtec (25 cu. ft.) is much less. Twice the total expense? Yes, but less per cu. ft. If you really, really need to haul lots of things (lawn chairs, tent, 12 pairs of shoes for the SO) then a larger trailer is better for you. For us, the Unigo takes everything we need.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

Last edited by hschisler; May 15th, 2009 at 6:26 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in