New trailer purchase - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Dec 28th, 2005, 4:56 am Thread Starter

New trailer purchase

I will be purchasing a new enclosed trailer to haul my K1200lt and wife's bike.
I an looking for imput on which wheel chock to buy for my lt. thus far I am looking at the Condor but am interested in members opinions on which is best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Dec 28th, 2005, 5:38 am

Recommended Wheel Chocks

I've used the "Bike Grab" ( http://www.bikegrab.com/ ) with multiple bikes and varying tire widths. Excellent product, but pricey. You get what you pay fore. My Brother uses an LA Chock ( http://www.baxleycompanies.com/ )which he loves and easily swapped from trailer to garage and finally, a couple buddies have the Condor Chock ( http://www.condor-lift.com/ ) and sware by it.

I think all three of these chocks have great reputations and you will have to shop around for the best deal. Avoid buying the cheap no-name product off Ebay. I made that mistake which resulted in wasted time and money.
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:32 am
Gold Supporter

Thumbs up Wheeldock works for me

I have been very happy with the Wheeldock I purchased for my enclosed trailer. I do not see much written about it on this site. It is portable so it can be removed from the trailer and placed in the garage. It is easily re-anchored in the trailer with removable pins and locks the front wheel in place with a mechanical process that requires more than a push. The Wheeldock can be exited by pushing the bike back and does not require the bike to be put in reverse to back out over a hump once the locking bar is reset. You can research at http://www.wheeldock.com/default.asp but I think it is better than the tubular and sheet stock construction.

2005 - K1200 LT Blue
The best in life is yet to come!

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 9:33 am

I use a bike pro.

I researched this a long time ago. I sell trailers for a living if you havent found what you want yet. See trailerworld.com I can also be e-mailed at [email protected] for prices.

I peraonaly sell a Bike Pro wheel chock. Can be seen at allbikeheaven.com They list for 179.99 but I will sell to fellowe members for 159.99 with docking plate. Just add shiping generaly around 12.00
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Where do you live? I can fab up a couple that will fit the area and tires perfectly. Put the bolt points on the frame rails for good security. Include front tie down points in the chock design. Should be able to do both for a $100. You can do the painting.

If you are far away, check out a local welding fabricator. Half these guys have bikes and will do a great job for a good price.

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in