Soft Luggage for the Hannigan? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 7th, 2008, 3:13 pm Thread Starter

Soft Luggage for the Hannigan?

Hi, everybody. I just joined the group. Picking up an '03 LT Hannigan trike next week and was going to buy some soft luggage for it. First "new" bike in 33 years (my trusty R90/6 is in the garage ready to go). Anyway, I'd appreciate any ideas about what fits best in the top case and the trunk of the Hannigan. It has the aux tank and the CD changer in the trunk already. Seems that none of the luggage makers make items for the Hannigan. So my wife and I will check out REI and Eddie Bauer to see what's available. Any other ideas?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 6:02 am

Re: Soft Luggage for the Hannigan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtull
Hi, everybody. I just joined the group. Picking up an '03 LT Hannigan trike next week and was going to buy some soft luggage for it. First "new" bike in 33 years (my trusty R90/6 is in the garage ready to go). Anyway, I'd appreciate any ideas about what fits best in the top case and the trunk of the Hannigan. It has the aux tank and the CD changer in the trunk already. Seems that none of the luggage makers make items for the Hannigan. So my wife and I will check out REI and Eddie Bauer to see what's available. Any other ideas?
Thanks.
Two or three luggage companies offer fitted luggage for the K12LT top case but none that I am aware of offer it for the trunk. I use some older side case luggage in the trunk supplemented with small duffel bags.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 2:04 am Thread Starter

Re: Soft Luggage for the Hannigan?

Well, we found three pieces of soft luggage at REI that fit perfectly on top of our laptop in the Hannigan trunk. Wife's happy; clothes stayed neat and clean, and I got away for about $70 total.

Just put the first 3,000 miles on our new trike, and it was unbelievable how much interest it drew. Great trip, but you need a water vest if you're driving through southern Arizona.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in