Anyone with ACTUAL experience pulling trailer with R1200RT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 26th, 2008, 8:32 am Thread Starter

Anyone with ACTUAL experience pulling trailer with R1200RT?

I posted this over on the BMWST site, but thought I'd try here, too:

I've seen the UniGo posts, but haven't been able to find any good information about pulling a 2-wheeled trailer with the RT. We're considering some extended trips, and want to at least consider the option of pulling a trailer rather than traveling so light. We have several other activities we like to do, such as hiking; hard to cram it all in the bags and top box and still have room for a change of clothes. The idea is to get somewhere we want to be for a few days, unhook, ride, hook the trailer back up, go somewhere else, repeat.

I am not particularly worried about the power or the brakes, although I'd sure like experiences about them. Switz brought up a good point in an email; he'd be concerned about trailer-related side-loads (I had to look it up) and the dread FD issues with the RT.

So, if you've actually pulled a trailer WITH AN RT, or have actual Big Brain facts or theories, I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in