I've never seen this trailer before anyone else? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 6:21 am Thread Starter

I've never seen this trailer before anyone else?

looks like something from Star Wars

http://www.mmaccessories.us/Luggage_and_Trailers.html

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 6:54 am

It sure does,

and I like that it handles at speeds up to 291 km/h....;-)
I just wonder how the BMW hitch would look like.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 7:15 am

Hi,

I've seen it before and it looks like one that I know is French made. Most likely the same or a copy, etc.

I rather use a backpack or take my Bushtec over that "make-up box" any day

Stefan

post #4 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 9:02 am

I saw this before they even had a U.S. distributor but I see they have one now. For the LT I would guess you would end up using a traditional hitch like their "Goldwing" model. You can see pictures of this here:

http://www.motogoodies.com/index_e.html

It looks like the center of gravity would be quite high when compared to a Uni-go or any of the other one wheeled trailers I have seen. That would probably accentuate the LT's low speed handling problems. While they look quite space age (Star Ship Troopers comes to mind, the bugs not the troopers ) and might match the lines of the LT fairly well I would not say I have warmed up to the styling. However, I don't think anything but rubber would ever touch the ground unless the bike tipped over.

It is more expensive than a Uni-go, approximately $2800 for the 200 liter model in England, and that doesn't include color matching or shipping. The adapters are about the same or even higher priced than a traditional hitch. Their 110 liter model is probably priced in the Uni-go price range but the Uni-go has a 140 liter capacity and a lower center of gravity.

The only reason I would go this route is if I needed or wanted the extra 60 liters of storage space that something like the Uni-go couldn't provide. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if I looked at it long enough the styling might grow on me. The first time I saw an LT, coming from the HD cruiser world, it's styling didn't really sing to me but it didn't take long for my perceptions to change .

After looking into trailers I had decided on a Uni-go and then of course they stopped production. They should start delivering in January through the new U.S. manufacturer. I did get information from Dauntless Motors here in Washington State that they were designing a "Uni-go" type single wheel trailer and would be delivering by 1st quarter next year. I had already decided to go with a Dauntless Hitch so I may hold off ordering a Uni-go long enough to see what their design looks like.

At least we have choices .

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #5 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 4:00 pm

291 kmph being towed at...

WOW!!

Oh well, this wont both any of us with our K1200LT's cos mine will do only 210kmph with the throttle fully open.

I think i will stick to my mini tourer classic trailer with ice box though
post #6 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrae
291 kmph being towed at...

WOW!!

Oh well, this wont both any of us with our K1200LT's cos mine will do only 210kmph with the throttle fully open.
Yes...but some of us do have other bikes besides the LT. And those "other" bikes are quite capable of more than 210kmph.

Thanks for the post Tom!
post #7 of 7 Old Dec 9th, 2005, 5:34 pm

This trailer looks like an Emu eating off the ground.

Current
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A (Cobalt Blue)
1973 Honda CL350 (Red)

Previous
2001 K1200LT Pacific Blue
and a long list...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in