Hannigan Side Car Add-on - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 4th, 2005, 7:53 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Question Hannigan Side Car Add-on

I'm looking to make a change to my '03 LT. I want to add a side car this next spring. Has anyone had experience with a Hannigan SC? How much different is it to ride and steer? Is it detachable? Any must haves on it? Any and all information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 6:47 pm

Sidecar Addition

JJ,
Did you put on the Hannigan sidecar? After 75K on LTs, I'm a little tired of "two-up risk avoidance." With my wife on board, I stay off dirt roads, pass up wonderful looking back roads over concern that they will turn to dust/mud, and generally avoid going places where a motorcycle really ought to go. Congested parking lots and dead end roads make my short little legs twitch. Even tooting around on grass fields at rallies two-up is a concern. I'm thinking a sidecar will transform the Light Truck to a more stable, albeit less maneuverable, medium sized truck. Have you done the deed yet? Report?

Wayne 'Doc' Edkin, Blossvale, NY
CCR Director, (Chairman: 2014, 2015, 2017)
'16 R1200RLC, '09R1200GSw/'16 CSM Sidecar, '05 K1200LTw/'09 Hannigan Sidecar, '74 R60/6 { '99 K1200LT (traded @ 62K}.

2000 First LT Gathering at The Gondola. CCRs: 2003 Gatlinburg, 2004 Breckenridge, 2005 Jackson Hole, 2006 Braselton, 2007 Osage Beach, 2008 Midway, 2010 Killington, 2011 Boise, 2012 Duluth, 2013 Bend, 2014 Chattanooga, and finally 2015 Coeur d'Alene.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old May 14th, 2006, 11:05 am

Ditto

I'm planning to go to Hannigan's in two weeks and check it out. Let me know what you guys find out and I'll also keep you informed. They are only a 2 hour drive from southern Indiana, where I live.

Maybe we can get a group discount. :-)

post #4 of 4 Old May 26th, 2006, 8:30 am

Hannigan

I got to meet David Hanigan and tour the facility when I picked up my used Bandito rig(see post a few weeks ago with pic). they had an 06LT with the 2+ rig. Very sweet but big bucks. Lots of accesories to consider but you must have the electric lean and if you can afford it..get the modified front end with center hub stearing. I have owned many sidecar rigs and when they are not set up right, they can be a real chore to ride.

If you are new and unsure about "hacking". Buy a lower cost rig and try it for awhile. You can always sell it and then go for the big investment. Try sidecar.com classifieds or cycletrader.com while searching for "sidecar and then side car" Ebay too.

And if you are ever close to the Northern burbs of Chicago....ping me. A cold beer will get you a test ride on my rig and you can see if you like it. They are different but loads of fun. I trailered my rig and a sport bike up to Southwestern Wisconsin last weekend for the Annual HSTA event "Twistar". Road the rig in some very twisty roads and had a blast.

Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in