Bushtec Trailer Hitch - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 8:36 pm Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Bushtec Trailer Hitch

I Just won a Bushtec trailer hitch with full wiring harness and the Bushtec hitch pin assembly on E-Bay. YEEAAA I'm a happy camper. Now I have the looonng wait for the NEW Bushtec trailer that I have on order.

Stevie Shreeve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Please Standby

Good luck on your wait. They are behind. I was told 8 to 10 weeks and the 10 week point was almost 3 weeks ago. I'm supposed to pick up my "rushed" job this Friday. I'll know tomorrow. Oh yea, plain white gelcoat, nothing special.

Rick
post #3 of 28 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 8:55 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandemCyclist
Good luck on your wait. They are behind. I was told 8 to 10 weeks and the 10 week point was almost 3 weeks ago. I'm supposed to pick up my "rushed" job this Friday. I'll know tomorrow. Oh yea, plain white gelcoat, nothing special.
Yea same here white gel coat , cooler pkg and garmet bag that's it. I think i'll call my dealer to get an update .

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 28 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Going to Bushtec

Steve,

They told me to come on up on Friday to pick up the new trailer. I'm leaving in the morning. Just a little 560 mile trip up from Mobile AL, where we are for a few more days. I'm going to run by Huntsville, the one in AL for a tech session (and $600 dollars worth of service for donuts) on Saturday and let those guys drool on the little gem. Has to be a gem since it cost so much.

I should have 650 miles on the trailer by Saturday night. I'll let you know what I think.

Rick
post #5 of 28 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 9:19 pm Thread Starter

Rick ....

Kewl ride safe and keep me posted! I called my dealer today they just got a fully tricked out GL model in today it took a full 12 weeks , so he is hopeful mine "SHOULD" be less time.

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 28 Old Jun 15th, 2007, 12:02 pm Thread Starter

Update !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
I Just won a Bushtec trailer hitch with full wiring harness and the Bushtec hitch pin assembly on E-Bay. YEEAAA I'm a happy camper. Now I have the looonng wait for the NEW Bushtec trailer that I have on order.
i just recieved my "NEW TO ME" Bushtec hitch with wiring harness. My question is I need help on hookin it up . HEY Hans you out there??? Do you have a wiring diagram for the Bushtec wiring I could get a peek at?

Stevie Shreeve
post #7 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 6:57 am Thread Starter

Here is a pic of the wiring that I recieved with the "USED} Bushtec hitch. The relay has "BUSHTEC" on it, can anyone tell me if it looks right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics_321.JPG
Views:	978
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	12489  

Stevie Shreeve
post #8 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 8:35 am

Right Connector

Steve,

The connector is right and it has the isolator in the line so I'm guessing it is the right harness. If you have an online Bushtec manual it has the color coding in it. If not I'll get the coding to you here today.

I just got my trailer home last night. I used to notice my homemade trailer behind me sometimes but I never noticed this one. The only thing that bothers me is I have more trailer in one mirror than the other. I'm going to make a few measurements and check tracking today.

I toured their plant and wished I would have remembered your last name as they had all the units tagged. They were working on filling a large semi trailer with Bushtecs to take to a rally. Nice facility.Good luck.

Rick
post #9 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 8:36 am

Quote:
Here is a pic of the wiring that I recieved with the "USED} Bushtec hitch. The relay has "BUSHTEC" on it, can anyone tell me if it looks right?
Looks good - easy fit. Goes on your bathroom commode handle; course you know that, cuz you see the word bathroom under the box flap. Just helpin' out here!!
post #10 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Quote:
i just recieved my "NEW TO ME" Bushtec hitch with wiring harness. My question is I need help on hookin it up . HEY Hans you out there??? Do you have a wiring diagram for the Bushtec wiring I could get a peek at?
Hey Steve
Yup I'm still around, we're right in the middle of tourist season and I'm spending more time on the water than at home, it's a tough job but somebody's got to take care of all those bikini clad "honeys".

The wiring harness in the picture is the Bushtec relay, harness and the right plug.

I have a Dauntless relay on my bike and I've attached the wiring sequence for it you can use it to identify the wires on your motorcycle.

I recommend that you make up a similar sheet to keep on your bike just in case you ever do have an electrical issue.

Here is the link to the Bushtec Owners manual.
And the color code for their wiring, that should get you under way.

http://www.bushtec.com/images/docs/btom.pdf

13. WIRE HARNESS COLOR CODES

Following are the primary wiring harness functions identified by color.

GREEN: RUNNING & TAILLIGHTS

WHITE: CHASSIS OR BATTERY GROUND

BLUE: BRAKE LIGHTS

YELLOW: RIGHT TURN SIGNAL

BROWN: LEFT TURN SIGNAL

BLACK: INTERIOR LIGHT

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	12500  

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #11 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 8:35 pm Thread Starter

Rick....
Thanks for the update glad your home safe and the trailer puuled good.
BTW how was the Tech session ?

Hans.....
Sorry your havin to look at all dem Honeys errrr mmmmm I mean work sooo hard Thanks for the info I'm printing it out as I type this

Dick.....
YOU SUCK !!!

Stevie Shreeve
post #12 of 28 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Quote:
Dick..... YOU SUCK !!!
I know it, butt damn - you don't gotta tell everybody!! I do got a reputation to think about, ya know!!
post #13 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 7:41 am Thread Starter

By Golly You're Right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Looks good - easy fit. Goes on your bathroom commode handle; course you know that, cuz you see the word bathroom under the box flap. Just helpin' out here!!
But you still suck
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pics_001.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	12515  

Stevie Shreeve
post #14 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 9:24 am

Quote:
But you still suck
Sheeesh - is that thang hoittee-toittee, or what??

Nice job, Steve. Where were you when Cheryl talked me into a full kitchen remodel and replacement of all the plumbing fixtures in the casa? I've yet to git even with her for that, butt I'm workin' on it.

Bet Sammie is happy with your handy-man work!
post #15 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:06 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Sheeesh - is that thang hoittee-toittee, or what??

Nice job, Steve. Where were you when Cheryl talked me into a full kitchen remodel and replacement of all the plumbing fixtures in the casa? I've yet to git even with her for that, butt I'm workin' on it.

Bet Sammie is happy with your handy-man work!
Hey been there done that. here is what i've done so far Kitchen. dining room, living room and office, I just finished gutting bath room and hallway
BTW I leftout the pic of my living room. Didn't want you to get "BIG SCREEN" envy

DAMN I think I just "HIGH JACKED" my oun thread
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pics_003.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	12534   Click image for larger version

Name:	pics_004.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	12535   Click image for larger version

Name:	pics_005.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	12536  

Stevie Shreeve
post #16 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:31 pm

Quote:
Let me hep you out with the hijack.

Friday morning I got up and drilled out the holes for Sandar the mag's new kitchen sink (wow, a fancy composite of granite and crystal). Removed the old sink, took off the old hardware and went to the shop.

Got home, she had bought a new faucet and baskets.... kewl. Installed all the new stuff (ain't it easy when the sinks not installed?). Ran a bead of silicone, plopped the sink in, tightened the clips, attached the plumbing and stood back to admire the handiwork. Uh...... the new faucet handle doesn't clear the back of the bar. You can't turn the water on. So, we hurriedly jumped in her Z4 and blasted to Lowe's in San Marcos, got there one minute after closing time.

We went home, I pulled the sink, hardware and cleaned everything up.

Got up the next morning and put the old faucet on. I thought it would leak at the quick disconnects as there was corrosion (gotta love hard water!). Sure enough it did.

Third time was a charm folks, she's thrilled and I are in possession of keetchen pass.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Quote:
Hey been there done that. here is what i've done so far Kitchen. dining room, living room and office, I just finished gutting bath room and hallway
BTW I leftout the pic of my living room. Didn't want you to get "BIG SCREEN" envy

Kewl, Steve. Damn, that fridge a walk-in model???

Thread hi-jack?? You were sayin' ????
post #18 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:41 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Let me hep you out with the hijack.

Friday morning I got up and drilled out the holes for Sandar the mag's new kitchen sink (wow, a fancy composite of granite and crystal). Removed the old sink, took off the old hardware and went to the shop.

Got home, she had bought a new faucet and baskets.... kewl. Installed all the new stuff (ain't it easy when the sinks not installed?). Ran a bead of silicone, plopped the sink in, tightened the clips, attached the plumbing and stood back to admire the handiwork. Uh...... the new faucet handle doesn't clear the back of the bar. You can't turn the water on. So, we hurriedly jumped in her Z4 and blasted to Lowe's in San Marcos, got there one minute after closing time.

We went home, I pulled the sink, hardware and cleaned everything up.

Got up the next morning and put the old faucet on. I thought it would leak at the quick disconnects as there was corrosion (gotta love hard water!). Sure enough it did.

Third time was a charm folks, she's thrilled and I are in possession of keetchen pass.
Dang Grif that sound like some of my handwork too. when I put the kitchen cabnet in the "WALK IN FRIG" as Dick called it was in the back corner and the pantry was up frount. well.... the frig will not open because of the wall. So I tear everything out switch the fridg and pantry. 6 hours later we have a kitchen again.

Stevie Shreeve
post #19 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Quote:
Dang Grif that sound like some of my handwork too. when I put the kitchen cabnet in the "WALK IN FRIG" as Dick called it was in the back corner and the pantry was up frount. well.... the frig will not open because of the wall. So I tear everything out switch the fridg and pantry. 6 hours later we have a kitchen again.
Not worth doing if you don't do it three times. My story and I'm sticking to it. I think it has somethang to do with Irish ancestory.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #20 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Quote:
And did you cuss when the water piping to the Walk-in fridge had to be moved too?!?!
post #21 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 2:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
And did you cuss when the water piping to the Walk-in fridge had to be moved too?!?!
Nope that is right in the middle of the wall so all I needed was a longer hose
Yea I know it's a personal problem. but don't we all need a longer hose

Stevie Shreeve
post #22 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Quote:
What's this "we" crap all about? Speak for yourself!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #23 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Quote:
Nope that is right in the middle of the wall so all I needed was a longer hose
You got any leftovers???
post #24 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 4:23 pm

What the hell were we talking about? Oh yeah. I had taco's for lunch today.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #25 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 5:20 pm Thread Starter

Dang I can't wait for my trailer !!!
(Just gettin thread back on track)

Stevie Shreeve
post #26 of 28 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Back to a Trailer

Steve,

The tech session was good. John is a master when it comes to working on an LT and probably anything else he wants to try. I have now rolled faster backwards than anyone else.

A note on the trailer. I'm riding home at night and I can see a lot of the left clearance light in the mirror and no light in the right mirror. Thought I was just sitting on the bike sideways since I was approaching 1500 miles in a couple of days. After much testing (running through water on the street and measuring tire tracks) and levels and plumb bobs I've concluded the trailer does track off center. Bushtecs 1" (hitch point off of centerline) combined with my Dauntless hitch 1" offset in the same direction causes me to have a sidecar.

Hmmm

Rick
post #27 of 28 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 8:30 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandemCyclist
Steve,

The tech session was good. John is a master when it comes to working on an LT and probably anything else he wants to try. I have now rolled faster backwards than anyone else.

A note on the trailer. I'm riding home at night and I can see a lot of the left clearance light in the mirror and no light in the right mirror. Thought I was just sitting on the bike sideways since I was approaching 1500 miles in a couple of days. After much testing (running through water on the street and measuring tire tracks) and levels and plumb bobs I've concluded the trailer does track off center. Bushtecs 1" (hitch point off of centerline) combined with my Dauntless hitch 1" offset in the same direction causes me to have a sidecar.

Hmmm
Hopefully the offset will not couse you any problems !!! I have the bushtec hitch so I hope mine will track true. Again thanks for all the updates.
BTW sorry you have to read throught all the Hi-Jacked threads

Stevie Shreeve
post #28 of 28 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 10:12 am

Quote:
BTW sorry you have to read throught all the Hi-Jacked threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in