voyager trike kit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Nov 28th, 2006, 1:27 pm Thread Starter

Smile voyager trike kit

hi team.
I am new to this site so a hello to one and all. I have read about a product made in the USA called a voyager, it is a trike kit that uses a base plate that stays on your bike all year round. And a chassis that bolts on to the base plate to make you bike into a trike as and when you need one. In my case it will be in the good old British winter, I don't mind getting cold but falling off due to black ice is a different story. Has any of one out there any knowledge of this kit?. Any information would be most helpful before I pay out about $3,000 for this kit. Or if anyone knows of a cheaper kit let's know
thanks
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 28th, 2006, 2:04 pm

They’re built in Ottawa Illinois, 1 hour west of Chicago. My father has one on his Goldwing.
The idea is great and we have had some fun on the trike portion. You think a lot of people ask about our BMWs, you should ride a trike into a gas station. It is a well built unit that is easy to attach and take off.
My problem with it was trying to ride the thing with the wheels (trike) off. The bracket hangs too low and you’re always scraping it in the turns.
If you're getting it as a cheap trike, its not a bad deal. But if you're getting it for "the best of both worlds" Then I wouldnt get it. Your sport touring would be over with the braket as low as it rides.
Let me know if I can get you any pictures or more information.
Their website is http://mtcvoyager.com/

Doug
'05 K1200LT,
My dog is very selective where he will pee, yet he will poop anywhere. In that regard; we couldn’t be more different.

Last edited by BallsCasten; Nov 28th, 2006 at 2:12 pm.
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 29th, 2006, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

Wink voyager trike kit

Thanks to Ballscasten for taking time to reply to my question. It has saved me a few dollars. I will revert to plan "B" as soon as I think of one.

thanks again
John

post #4 of 8 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 11:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie_john
. I will revert to plan "B" as soon as I think of one.
Side car maybe?
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 5th, 2007, 7:55 am

I hope I didn’t talk you out of it, as I said it is a well built unit. They just need to worry less with how quick it is to put on. And more about clearance.

Doug
'05 K1200LT,
My dog is very selective where he will pee, yet he will poop anywhere. In that regard; we couldn’t be more different.
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Voyager trike conversion on BMW

Does anyone have a Voyager/KLT combo.....I want to try something less expensive before iI permanently change my bike..........thanx
post #7 of 8 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 1:21 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

I have seen one and posted a picture of one (probably on the old site) a couple of years ago. May want to do a search for it in Archives.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 4:55 pm

Does anyone have a Voyager/KLT combo.....I want to try something less expensive before iI permanently change my bike..........

I have a Hannigan trike and was recently talking to a voyager rider, R1200 Cl. The differnce is that mine no longer leans, while the voyager has a 10-12 degree lean since the rear tire remains on the bike. So the rides are not the same. You might want to find 1 of each or talk to some owners of both, before spending $$$$. I will tell you that the Hannigan is a blast, while I have to steer, you find yourself leaning to counter the g forces that come into play, the thing feels like its on rails.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in