Took delivery of my Bushtec yesterday. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:00 am Thread Starter

Smile Took delivery of my Bushtec yesterday.

Howdy all! I rode over to Jacksboro, Tennessee home to Bushtec Saturday morning and picked up my new Bushtec Turbo +2 trailer. Man oh man am I pleased with it! I have zero experience with motorcycle trailers but yesterday was a pleasant one for me. The folks at Bushtec spent three hours with me and two other couples giving us their factory tour, explaining the manufacturing process, showing us the video on do's and don'ts with respect to pulling, loading and maintaining a Bushtec. You pay a premium price for a Bushtec and receive a premium product and customer service in exchange.

Ruth and I decided over twenty-five years ago that we wanted a trailer for use on special occasions-we FINALLY got one. BTW; for anyone contemplating a Bushtec trailer purchase I would highly reccomend a $300 option available from www.electricalconnection.com which consists of an onboard trailer air compressor to air up the suspension either standing still or on the 'fly'; very handy to have and can be factory installed by Bushtec or retrofitted to older trailers. My camera is at the office at the moment but I will post some pictures later in the day. Ride safe...

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
1995 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Anniversary Edition
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2

Last edited by mneblett; Oct 16th, 2005 at 9:19 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:17 am

Well done!

Bruce,
I'm happy to hear that you bought such a nice trailer. Sounds like it has all the bells and whistles too.
You and Ruth have a great time with your new toy.
Be safe and hope to see you real soon,
post #3 of 11 Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:40 am

Very cool, Bruce -- congrats! We'll have to take a look at Iron Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHarrisJr
BTW; for anyone contemplating a Bushtec trailer purchase I would highly reccomend a $300 option available from www.electricalconnection.com which consists of an onboard trailer air compressor to air up the suspension either standing still or on the 'fly'; very handy to have and can be factory installed by Bushtec or retrofitted to older trailers.
The built-in air compressor is a very good approach for a dedicated system -- you'll never have to worry about leaving it behind! Beats the devil out of 200+ strokes on that @#$%*&^ hand pump!! (I made a minor fix to the link to ensure folks get to where you're pointing).

Minor hijack :

FWIW (for others considering this), you may want to consider mounting a compressor on the bike, and throw a quick disconnect hose in the saddlebag (a hose long enough to reach the front wheel will be long enough to reach the trailer). This is *not* the choice for those that don't want to carry a compressor on the bike; but if you do, you'll have the compressor with you, even when the Bushtec's not.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

post #4 of 11 Old Oct 16th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Bushtec Trailer

Bruce,

Congratulations on your Bushtec. My wife and have had one for three years now. I picked mine up at Jacksboro as well and got the same reception and orientation. I think that you will be very pleased with its performance and how much more versatile that it makes your bike, especially for two people.

I took mine to the National Rally in Lima this summer although I went by myself. It allowed me to carry a tent that I can actually stand up in to put my pants on as well as to carry a cot. I'm glad for those who like minimalist camping but I've already done mine in the US Army.

Just this weekend, I took the cover off and got it ready for departure on Wednesday morning. My wife and co-rider are off to Biketoberfest. Enjoy your trailer and ride as much as you can.

Charles Keller
02 LTC
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:09 pm

My God Charles, I thought I was reading my own post! I am with you, in that I got my minimalist camping out of the way in the Army too. And that was when they still had heavy canvas shelter halves and not the cool, light weight stuff like they have now. I, too, took my Bushtec loaded to the gills by myself to Lima and loved every minute of it. I also got tired of lying down to put my pants on and have a stand up tent myself. Even took along one of those quiet little Honda generators to make coffe with. Some might poke a little fun at all the stuff I take along, but it bothers me not.

Bruce, I know you will enjoy your trailer. Don told me a little about the front end snafu with the paint job, but that is behind you now. Just let Ruth pile it all in there!!

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 8:48 am

Smile

As promised a few photographs of our newest family member. Ruth and I are really looking forward to seeing many of our friends at IronHorse weekend after next!

Last edited by bharrisjr; Oct 17th, 2005 at 9:07 am.
post #7 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 9:09 am

Red face

If I only knew how to post photographs I'd do so! Been reading all the how to's to no avail, sorry for the bandwidth.
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrisjr
If I only knew how to post photographs I'd do so! Been reading all the how to's to no avail, sorry for the bandwidth.
Hi, Bruce -- I was also having problems posting photos, and was told (if I understand this correctly) that it was because the pixel density of the pics was too high (my camera is set to record the highest quality pics as the default). Try using a photo editor to save the pics at a lower pixel/inch density, and then see if the new pic will post.

HTH!

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA
post #9 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2008, 2:37 am

Re: Took delivery of my Bushtec yesterday.

Here's a quick trick to reducing your pics for posting without having to use a special graphics program.

Outlook Express has a handy little feature embeded in it that reduces images when being sent out. Here's how...

1) Setup a new Contact called Reduce, using your email address.

2) When viewing the pics you want to see (I simply use Explorer), highlight the picture(s) you want to reduce, then right-click (while the mouse pointer is at least over one of those you've highlighted),

3) From the Pop-Up Menu select "Send To"

4) From the next Pop-Out Menu select, Mail Recipient.

A Pop-Up Box will appear asking you if you want to send the pictures reduced or full size. Obviously reduced is the option here.

5) Click "OK"

An email window will open up with those images you've selected attached to it.

6) Enter "Reduce" in the To: field and click on Send.

Give you mail server about 30 seconds (some are quicker)...

7) Click Send/Receive (even if your's is set to automatically download) to retrieve the email you sent with the images attached.

Walla, you now have copies of those images you selected, Reduced.

Now from here you can save those images to a dedicated folder (like I do) called Reduced, so If I ever need to send small pics to someone I know where to look.

I've attached an original image of 3MP, reduced by Outlook Express for example. That's my Baby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SL 065.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	18821  
post #10 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2008, 8:47 am

Whoa dude, you had to dig pretty deep to find a post from way back in 2005.

I started to read it just like any other thread,
then I scrolled down and saw Connies post I got a big ol' lump in my throat,
I never got to meet her but always had (and still have) a lot of admiration for that sweet Lady.

As far as your resizing advice goes, we appreciate you trying to help but....
it's a lot easier to go to windows update and install "resizer"
after that a right click on any picture gives you several sizing options.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #11 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2008, 10:27 am

Excellent! Thanks for that piece of valueable info.

This little tool you mentioned is part of MS Power Tools Collection which can be downloaded individually.

Nice tool.

You can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Scroll down the page and look on the right side column for: ImageResizer.exe then click on it to begin the download and save to your system, and install thereafter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in