Here's a quick trick to reducing your pics for posting without having to use a special graphics program.
Outlook Express has a handy little feature embeded in it that reduces images when being sent out. Here's how...
1) Setup a new Contact called Reduce, using your email address.
2) When viewing the pics you want to see (I simply use Explorer), highlight the picture(s) you want to reduce, then right-click (while the mouse pointer is at least over one of those you've highlighted),
3) From the Pop-Up Menu select "Send To"
4) From the next Pop-Out Menu select, Mail Recipient.
A Pop-Up Box will appear asking you if you want to send the pictures reduced or full size. Obviously reduced is the option here.
5) Click "OK"
An email window will open up with those images you've selected attached to it.
6) Enter "Reduce" in the To: field and click on Send.
Give you mail server about 30 seconds (some are quicker)...
7) Click Send/Receive (even if your's is set to automatically download) to retrieve the email you sent with the images attached.
Walla, you now have copies of those images you selected, Reduced.
Now from here you can save those images to a dedicated folder (like I do) called Reduced, so If I ever need to send small pics to someone I know where to look.
I've attached an original image of 3MP, reduced by Outlook Express for example. That's my Baby