Swivel Hitch - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 18th, 2014, 6:29 am Thread Starter

Swivel Hitch

Some years ago I build a trailer for my 2000 from a Harbor Freight utility trailer and a hitch swivel from DMC side cars.
If anyone wants the swivel give me a message on this board.
I'll let it go for half of what a new one costs and ship for free.
I used it for only a couple of camping trips and have since removed the swivel and dedicated the trailer to gathering Maple sap for maple sugaring.
It is like new, just gathering dust.

While most trailers will tow fine without a swivel, I worried that if I ever dropped the bike, the trailer without a swivel could bend the hitch or bike's subframe. Another benefit is that motorcycle trailers track better with a longer tongue; installing the swivel lengthens the tongue by a few inches. I noted a significant improvement in tracking of the HF trailer with the swivel installed versus without it.

Here's some of what the manufacturer says about the swivel: "Take the worry out of cycle trailering, and add safety and performance with a swivel hitch coupler from DMC Sidecars, a premier motorcycle trailer hitch manufacturer.

Handcrafted in the USA, our swivel hitch coupler allows 360* swivel of the trailer without affecting the motorcycle lean on turns and limits the side load to the motorcycle.

The swivel hitch coupler is of lightweight aircraft quality aluminium construction, has a high tensile steel rod, aircraft grade bushing, fiber thrust washers, stainless steel trust bearing and an attractive black hard coat anodized finish. It fits all 2 inch square trailer tongues and standard 1+7/8 inch couplings."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG
Views:	3152
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	69193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 18th, 2014, 4:19 pm Thread Starter

Re: Swivel Hitch gone to LA

That was quick.
My trailer swivel has found an new home in LA.
Happy trailering!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in