Aspen Classic camper - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jun 15th, 2006, 5:00 pm Thread Starter

Question Aspen Classic camper

Does anyone have an Aspen Classic camper trailer? If yes, what are your thoughts of it? What is your thought of pulling that with an LT or do I need to also look for a larger bike? How well does it pull behind the LT?

Thanks in advance.

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jun 15th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
What is your thought of pulling that with an LT or do I need to also look for a larger bike?
Does that mean a GoldWing?
post #3 of 7 Old Jun 15th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Aspen Ambassador

I have an Aspen Ambassador which is bigger than the classic.
I pull it with the LT like its not even there, no problems. I get it into some hairy situations (which you think I would have grown out of by now?)
If you are buying it new spend the money on the trailer brakes. You won't need them often after you get the hang of it, but when you do
Have had mine going little over 100mph in the rain, before I realized they were not Z rated tires on the trailer. Now I keep it at 80mph
I would look for a used one first, there are many that get light use, (not everyone spends their life running around for a MC mag) and you maybe able to get a great deal on one.
Rock

post #4 of 7 Old Jun 16th, 2006, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Talking Gl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Does that mean a GoldWing?
Joe:

Just two words, "had one", with emphasis on the first word. :-)

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #5 of 7 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 3:17 am

Love our Aspen

We have an Aspen Classic and we think it's great. You have to compromise your riding habits when you pull this trailer, as it is big, but when you are done riding at the end of the day, man, there is your home, roomy and dry, up off the ground, with all your stuff. We bought a 9x9 room for it this year (40 lb) and can't wait for our next trip. The company is great. They are very fair and let us return some stuff we bought but never used for full credit a year later. Brought it in for service (Addison, IL) out of warranty and did all repairs including upgrading fenders for nothing (ok, I paid $25 for the fenders) This is a good trailer, and even better, a good company.

Nick C
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 8:09 pm

They're not for everybody

First I agree with Rock, look for a used one.
The guy that sells Aspen used to work for Bunkhouse and their trailers are very similar but not completely alike, frame on the inside or outside is just one difference.
Bunkhouse makes the complete trailer at their factory.
Aspen buys the trailer from somebody else then puts their own "tent" on it.
I suggest you check out the trailer towing forum at this address (skip the advertisement popup)
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...towing%2Fstart

Then I'll tell you my story, I did the research and bought a Bunkhouse,
I can honestly tell you it is a very well designed easy to put up and take down fantastic camper and so is the Aspen. (I had AC in mine)
Now for the rest of the story, I absolutely hated pulling that heavy ass thing with my LT.
Now if all you're going to do is run down the interstate, no problem.
But I don't like interstate, I ride on the backroads.
If somebody tells you they can't feel a 500 lb trailer behind their bike they're feeding you BS,
you need more stopping room and you have to slow down "before" you get into a corner or that trailer is going to push your rear end through it.
It scared the hell out of me in the rain.
We took ours from Florida to The UP of Michigan and back and after that I had had enough and sold it.
I replaced it with a Bushtec (much lighter)

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #7 of 7 Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 10:12 am

Re: Aspen Classic camper

I have an Aspen Classic camper for sale. I saw the post, but do not know how old it is. If anyone is interested in saving some cash, please contact me. [email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in