Votes: 132 5.1%
  • 70-75

Votes: 44 1.7%
  • Over 75

Votes: 9 0.3%

What is your age?

37K views 99 replies 88 participants last post by  SvFiat 
#1 ·
We had this poll running on the old site, and the average age was 52. Based on the people I met at CCR, I am interested to see if that average has dropped. So, share your age. The poll is anonymous.

#2 ·
Here are the results so far from the K-Bikes.com site (compared with BMWLT.com in blue)

-----

Attachments

#3 ·
Cool. How about a poll on "Have you ever had your K1200LT rear drive fail?" Yes or no choice for each 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 model owned. Might help us determine percentages, problem models.

#4 ·
Tim,

I don't know where you've been lately, but we've had a rear drive failure survey going for years (both on the old site and now here). Mike Kiesel was kind enough to transfer all the data from the old site into the new survey system.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/survey.php?&do=results&sid=28

#5 ·
above average

eljeffe said:
We had this poll running on the old site, and the average age was 52. Based on the people I met at CCR, I am interested to see if that average has dropped. So, share your age. The poll is anonymous.
I just voted and just as I figured, I'm above average :)

Reactions: Chad Albrecht
#6 ·
25-29 y/o = .35%

Guess I am young....

Oh well, still a heck of fun machine and I'm not much into racing around town from bar to bar.....

Owned her for 1.5 years and 25,000 miles....having fun!!

Ride safe...

#7 ·
Just shows that you have much more common sense than your peers!! Glad you're enjoying your ride.

Ride Safe!!

#8 ·
Not surprised at the stats

Thanks for setting the poll up! I'm new to the site and the K1200 (I should be picking up a brand spanking new gold 2005 LT on Monday, if all goes well) but certainly not to motorcycling. These poll numbers confirm what I think is an intuitive understanding about owning a machine like the K1200, or any BMW motorcycle, for that matter: the owner of a bike like this is not typically the first time motorcycle purchaser looking to discover whether riding is for them--or not. No, I suspect most BMW owners have previously owned other machines over their lifetimes and "graduated" to the BMW in a progression of refined tastes and preferences for their riding needs.
I'd like to see a pol about this? Got any extra time handy to create one? *wink*
Thanks again for the poll--and by the way, I'm dead on "average." Ah, but what the heck--I am soon to be blasting the highways and byways from Nashville to Reno and I can assure you, there'll be nothing average about taking those trips on my new K1200!

#9 · (Edited)
Wow! It looks like the age has skewed DOWN since the last time we ran this poll. The majority of votes was in the 50-54 range the last time. Now it looks like the 45-49 range has more people. Very interesting! Keep'em coming!

K1200LT riders versus the rest of the K1200 line.

Attachments

#11 ·
Hey Mich

My wife and I were just in Madison last week. She was there on business, I was there for the beer! Sorry it's a weakness. I/we used to live in Lancaster on the south west corner. Beautiful riding over there if you haven't made it (I'm sure you have though). What a great state to ride in!

I used to ride up 35 from Prairie DuChein(sp?) to St. Croix or Michael just at WI and MN border. I would frequently get caught behind a heard of Cruisers. I couldn't wait for them to get into the nearest town. Seemed like they always stopped at the bars. I never understood that!

BTW I am on the youngish side too 36. I got mine before my father who's 61! He rode mine and sold his wing!

Take care!

Scott Armstead
aka Stlheadake
99 LTi Basalt Grey (Special K)

michman said:
Guess I am young....

Oh well, still a heck of fun machine and I'm not much into racing around town from bar to bar.....

Owned her for 1.5 years and 25,000 miles....having fun!!

Ride safe...

#25 ·
Turning 51 in 9 days... so I am right on the money!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.