Arizona 238 & 347? How is it? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 14th, 2011, 2:33 am Thread Starter

Arizona 238 & 347? How is it?

I've got to take a trip from San Diego to Phoenix in early November. Thinking about taking Interstate 8 out to Gila Bend then AZ-238 to AZ-347 up into Phoenix. Any issues with that route? Looks like just two lanes. Is there plenty of passing? Is it popular with trucks and RV's? Would I be better off taking a longer route via 10 or sticking with 8 to the 10? May be doing some of the trip at night and certainly the trip back will be into the sun most of the way home.

Thanks for any advice.

Dan

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 14th, 2011, 10:53 am

Re: Arizona 238 & 347? How is it?

238 is a little rough in places but quiet.

347 is bigger and newer, lots of traffic and fast. Dumps you out at I10 south of Phoenix.

What part of the valley are you heading for?

Why am I here and what day is it??
post #3 of 6 Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:01 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm heading to Gilbert.

As well as can be predicted, anyone have a feel for the usual or expected weather about a month from now?

Thanks again,
Dan

Dan

;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 14th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Too beautiful for words to discribe!

Highs in the mid 70s to low 80s. Should not have any rain unless I wash my truck or am out riding also.

Have a great ride and drop me a pm when you are in town if you want to ride .

Why am I here and what day is it??
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 17th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglenn1
Thanks for the information. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm heading to Gilbert.

As well as can be predicted, anyone have a feel for the usual or expected weather about a month from now?

Thanks again,
Dan

I am with Kevin on that one I use 347 all of the time when headed to or from San Diego. Depending on what part of Gilbert you are headed after it gets to I10 you can continue on Riggs Rd. EB or jump on I10 WB to the EB 202 which travels through the south part of Gilbert.

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 17th, 2011, 5:12 pm Thread Starter

Thanks! Sounds great!

I'm ripping open the bike this weekend for the 48k, HID install and new front fork seals. Hopefully all will go well and I'll be set for November.

Dan

Dan

;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in