Invitation to Arizona riders - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Dec 7th, 2010, 11:14 am Thread Starter

Invitation to Arizona riders

Hi everyone,
Wanted to invite all Arizona based riders to participate in a fun riding event hosted by AZBeemers.org.

The Riders Cup Challenge is underway, but continues into May so there is plenty of time to participate.

This long term riding challenge is not a milage contest. Instead, it is a self paced, self managed activity where you earn points by visiting destinations around the state. At the end, your totaled points get you into prize drawings. We have about $1600 in prizes that will be given away!

Open to all riders in AZ, any M/C brand too. You DO NOT have to join AZBeemers club to participate. Space is limited. We only have a few T-shirts left that you will get when you register. (As of this posting, we have a few Large, XL, 2XL and 3XL shirts available. When they're gone, we close registration for this event.)

Details here http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Register here http://www.freewebs.com/azairheads/azbstore.html

Sorry for the late notice, been busy with this event!
steve

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Dec 7th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Re: Invitation to Arizona riders

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forum but been lurking for a looooong time. I have really enjoyed all the information available here but never felt I had much to add or talk about.

I know there are some fellow LT riders in here from AZ as I have had lunch with some of you. This RCC is a neat thing for AZ adventuring. Lots of places, over 100, from around the state to earn points. Here is a picture of the entrance to Kitt Peak, just one of the many locations .

Come join the fun. We have until the Roadrunner rally in May to gather points. It's been a hoot to just watch the postings on the website form the competitors.

Come on and ride.

post #3 of 8 Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 1:12 pm Thread Starter

Well, our response from the LT community has been a bit underwhelming I must say...we got a few of you to join the fun, but I'd hoped for a few more.

Maybe some pics will help show some of the rides we've done, both in groups and solo.

San Xavier south of tucson

The US - Mexico border

Sedona

Skull Valley

We still have a few entries available, when we run out of Tshirts, we close registration. I have a few left in these sizes as of 12/22/10,
Medium = 1
Large = 3
2XL = 3 (If you need an XL, this will work after you shrink it down a bit!)

There is plenty of time to start riding, we have over 100 destinations on the list, all around AZ. Again, this is not really so much a contest as it is a way to win prizes for riding your bike!

Hope a couple more LTers will join us!

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

post #4 of 8 Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 3:42 pm

Steve,
I'd for sure sign up if I hadn't sold my LT....

Waitin' on the GTL..... I'm #1 on the pre-orders from GoAZ. (which means hopefully sometime in 2011 I will have her in the stable)

Ride safe!

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

post #5 of 8 Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:42 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze
Steve,
I'd for sure sign up if I hadn't sold my LT....

Waitin' on the GTL..... I'm #1 on the pre-orders from GoAZ. (which means hopefully sometime in 2011 I will have her in the stable)

Ride safe!
Ok Scott, you're excused til the bike arrives!

Hey, I saw your picture on azbeemers.org at the LA show, sittin on the bike! (Check out the ride report on that show)

Rather large grin on your mug!

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

post #6 of 8 Old Dec 26th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azredline
Ok Scott, you're excused til the bike arrives!

Hey, I saw your picture on azbeemers.org at the LA show, sittin on the bike! (Check out the ride report on that show)

Rather large grin on your mug!
Ya, I was a happy camper! Sittin' on what looks to be an awesome bike, with my girl behind me....a happy man indeed! Once the GLT is in my garage, I'll even be happier! ...and my bank account much smaller! lol

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

post #7 of 8 Old Jan 11th, 2011, 8:18 pm Thread Starter

This past weekend in the RCC...

Seven of us met up at Goldfield/60 and rode out to Coolidge Dam. Neat place, never been there before.There were 3 of us on LTs, 1 Concours, 1 wing, 1 GS1200, 1 GS650.

Then since it was soooo nice, we decided to head further east to Roper Lake State Park, never been there either. Nice views of Mt Grahm all the way there.

That was fun, so one of the guys suggested we head on over to Clifton, it wasn't that much further and the road was nice!

That road to Clifton from the south sure has nice sweepers on it! Funny, I used alot of gas between Safford and Clifton. Not sure why...

Heading back we had one more stop to earn points at, the Besh Ba Gowah Archealogical Park in Globe. What a cool place this is!

Another full day of AZ winter riding. I logged about 450mi for the day and had a great time!
Cheers!
Steve

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

post #8 of 8 Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Still out having fun with the Riders Cup Challenge, you can still join in on the fun too. We have lots of rides to choose from. Come check it out in the forum section of www.azbeemers.org.

Here are a few pics from my last outing, a 900 mile loop from Phoenix, over to Yuma, N to Quartzite and Lake Havasu. We overnighted in Laughlin NV, then hit Kingman AZ and did the part of Rt 66 from Kingman to Seligman which I had never ridden. It was great!

The Hi Jolly memorial

Stone Cabin AZ, great Buffalo Burger here!

Oh oh. Better behave around here.

At the Yuma Quartermaster museum and park, they were having their civil war reenactment. Lots of cannons and noise! Fun stuff.

Tysons Well Stage Stop

Hardyville town site marker, now a safeway parking lot, but the sign remains

Three of us went on the ride and had blast. See you on the road!
Steve

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in