BMW Riverside Grand Opening, Sat 12 June - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 4th, 2010, 8:04 pm Thread Starter

BMW Riverside Grand Opening, Sat 12 June

I had some work to do in Riverside and happened to notice that there is a new BMW motorcycle dealership there, BMW Motorcycles of Riverside. The next trip (last Friday) I made it a point to stop in and visit. At the time, they had been open only six weeks, and were very much a work-in-progress. The roundel sign wasn't there yet, but they told me that it would be going up this week.

I met the owner, Dan Schoo, the general manager, Steve Sergi, and some other people working there. They were all very nice, and excited about their new business. Lior Elbaz is working for them. He was working as an independent certified BMW tech in Riverside. (I wonder if he originally worked for Malcolm Smith when they sold BMW?)

They will be holding their Grand Opening celebration next Saturday, 12 June. The BMW trailer will be there for demo rides, and there will be food and giveaways. Don't ask me what food or which giveaways; I only stopped in for a brief visit last week.

BMW of Riverside is next to the huge Harley building, on the other side of the street from Malcolm Smith.

Disclaimer: No affiliation, not a customer (yet). I just thought you guys would want to know. It might be a fun RTE or whatever. I plan to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Re: BMW Riverside Grand Opening, Sat 12 June

Thanks for the info, bro. Yes Lior did work for Malcolm Smith Motorsports, when they had the BMW franchise in Riverside. He is a factory certified master technician and an afficianado of BMW motorcycles. I'll be looking forward to the Grand Opening.
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 7th, 2010, 1:56 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I had my LT front fork seals replaced there on Saturday. The shop area is contusive to watching the mechanics work. Lior appeared to be knowledgeable and efficient. He did the job in a couple of hours and they were a few dollars cheaper then some other dealers for the same work. The entire staff is very friendly and definitely customer oriented. I really want to see these guys do well in Riverside. The 135 mile ride to Orange County was always a hassall for me. You guys in the Desert/Inland Empire should stop by and say hello.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory Growing Up is Optional

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 7th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Thumbs up Re: BMW Riverside Grand Opening, Sat 12 June

Sweet! That's right around the corner from where my dad works. He's joining me for the Chief Joseph Rally in two weeks. Maybe I can get him to catch the bug

Jeff K.

Salem, Oregon
2008 Silver R 1200 RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 9th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Gold Supporter

Garage

Sweet! We've needed a dealer in the IE since Malcolm. Let's support this one so we can help them make it!

2005 K1200 LT "Graphite Graydude Metallic"

Todd "Graydude" Ask me why I'm the best Realtor you've ever met!

IBA#22266

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in